should I 'reset'? how ?

Options
Hi

Firstly sorry if this is asked a million times and my questions are a little stupid, I am trying hard to understand and to change a very determined mind-set.

I am a life long VLC / cycle of overstuffing eater. A lot of that was to do with my allergies, but I have a handle on it all now and have done for over a year. I started with WW in January and have lost 13lbs (which have stayed off), but the last month I didn’t shift anything. I stopped WW as I didn’t like the one size fits all policy and it was leading me to eat really low cals again (which I want to stop doing).

I have looked at numbers and started to get my head around it EM2LW (and it makes so much sense I could kick myself!) and I have worked out my cut (15%) at 1450 (5ft 2.5in, 33yrs old, 112 lbs = BMR 1250, TDEE of 1700).

I have read the 700 cals thread (recommended on the group info) and wondered whether I should try and reset in some way. I am trying to eat enough calories and have decided to not exercise for the rest of this month.

So should I just eat my cut rate for this time? Or do I need to eat my TDEE and then when I start exercising drop to my Cut as well?
I am prepared for this to all take time and I know I will gain before I lose, but I want to lose for life and more importantly get a grip whilst it’s still a good time to.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Replies

• 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    If you've been VLC for longer than you care to remember, then I'd absolutely recommend doing a reset first. I'm not sure if you have access to watch the vids, but the one on resetting can be helpful.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COzMKkXeiFo

That is the route that I chose, long as it may have been, and I've never regretted it. :flowerforyou:

~Kiki
  • misspgreenwood
    Options
    thanks - I will have a look when I get home.
  • misspgreenwood
    Options
    kiki thanks so much for the vid/ link and for sharing your experiances / advice!

Quick Q - you say to eat my TDEE to reset.. but one of my biggest issues is understadning my TDEE... Should I use the one I get for being seditary (as if I dont exercise I have a very desk job / train / sofa lifestyle).. but I was doing 40 mins a day exercise.. which I had put as 3x a week / light...

so should I use the TDEE for my non active lifestyle (1531) .. or the TDEE that I suspect I will be on when I start reducing the calories (1755)..

I wasnt going to exercise for a couple of weeks to get myself used to eating a really big (for me ) number of cals!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    If you're not going to be working out, then eat for whatever you *actual* activity level is. :wink:
  • misspgreenwood
    Options
    thanks !