Options
knee injury gives me a reason ...

good luck to all

why are you here ?:smile:

Replies

• lubby22
    lubby22 Posts: 31
    Options
    Im here for support and motivation. My goal is 50 lbs, better health, greater fitness level and more energy. I am chronically lazy and I love food.. I need to learn self discipline! I love reading other peoples success stories, they are very inspiring. I hope I can be helpful to others as well
  • Bola17
    Bola17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like the positivity suggested by the name of this group!! Would like support on my project new lifestyle....

Been dieting off and on for many years. I´m not extremely overweight, but need a drastic lifestyle change as I´ve been balancing on the edge of a stress related depression due to privat/ family matters. Have been off work for several months and going to a therapist because of the stress. So I decided to take control, make choices and take action toward a better future.
  • NCarolinaMom
    Options
    I love this site and the name of this group sounded interesting and supportive. I am here to lose weight and get off my diabetes medication. I want to live the rest of my life healthy, happy and free of excess weight. :smile:
  • cameile
    cameile Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My nutrinionist reccomened this site i have always been overweight, tried every diet you can think of but didnt have the discipline to stick to it. Now at age 31 pushing age 32 i realized i need to be healthier i currenly weigh 225lbs looking to loose 40 ounds between now and 2013 my current goal is to loose 20 pounds between now and July 2012. This is not easy for me i amworking on beeing disciplined any input would be grateful, thanks.
  • grosa117
    grosa117 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am here to get back to my goal weight of 135. I started off on this website beginning of March 2011 (last year) & it was a success. By June I was extremely happy with myself. But sadly summer ended.. I studied abroad for a semester and did not attend the gym and did not count my calories so I had gained about 10 pounds. And just last week I hit my highest point of 153 which is what I started off last year. I'm here to continue to stay motivated and drop those pounds to reach my goal!
  • readytoloose250
    readytoloose250 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! When I started this group, I never expected such a large response SO SOON! Sorry I have not checked in again since my original post... didn't realize you guys were here!

MIKE: I understand the chronic knee pain. I have end stage Osteoarthritis in both knees and need replacements, but, due to my obesity and my age (10 years younger than they like to do replacements), I am having to do work through the pain. Shots every 3-6 months helps ALOT! I love to swim and my brother has a pool, so I get to enjoy swimming through summer. YEAH! Much easier on the joints! My 1st type of exercise was the hand bicycle. Did that for a while, but it did not have enough tension control so it quickly lost it's therapeutic benefits.

GROSA117: I have full faith that not only are you going to REACH your goal, BUT, you're going to MAINTAIN IT this time around! You apparently have the knowledge to succeed!

CAMEILE: YOU CAN DO IT! I didn't EVER think I could lose even 40 pounds... and now I'm 134 down (last weigh in was couple of weeks back... unsure of new BIGGER WEIGHT LOSS number!) It has been a wonderful journey. It has also been a VERY HARD JOURNEY on somedays... I keep a saying posted in my bathroom. It goes like this: "Make a promise to yourself, that when the hard days come (AND THEY WILL COME) that you are going to shake it off and KEEP GOING!" That has been my inspiration lots of times... there are hard/bad days. Days you blow it, days you don't feel like entering your food diary, days you don't want to exercise, days that seem to stand still in your weight loss journey. But don't be fooled... THEY AREN'T STANDING STILL! YOU CAN DO IT... I HAVE GREAT FAITH IN YOU!

NCarolinaMom: Thank youfor the kind words! That is the only intention behind this site... to be supportive... to offer a hand... to share and have others share with me great tips, advice, inspiration, etc... I have been blessed enough to never have had to deal with diabetes on a personal level, but I know it can be a very devastating disease. I want you to live the rest of your life healthy, happy and free of excess weight and to be off your meds also! I have faith it will happen... one bite at a time!

BOLA17: GOOD FOR YOU! Taking control is the 1st step to a permanent life-changing experience!!! Your comment reminds me of 2 of my favorite sayings that RESINATE TRUTH: "You cannot change something you are unwilling to confront" and "Nothing changes if nothing changes". It sounds like to me that you have not only confronted the situation you want to change, but are taking positive steps to change it!!! I'm proud of you... keep up the good work! I am sorry to hear of your family/personal dilemna going on right now. I will say a quick prayer that it improves!

Lubby22: I once said the same words... "I am lazy"... partly true! But someone urged me to do a professional RMR (resting metabolism rate) to see if something else was going on... WOW! My resting metabolism was 867 calories a day! It was one of the lowest they had ever seen!!! Now, 22 or so months later, after lots of hard work, dedication, and determination, it is up to 1246 (or 12?? not sure of last 2 numbers but somewhere in there...). That's an improvement of 50% (a friend pointed out to me!!!)! I know that helping others is in your future... Thank you for being a part of my journey!

TO EVERYONE: Thank you all for being a part of my journey and allowing me to be a part of yours!!! Let's do this together!!! I'll visit with you again soon!! Looking forward to hearing your results!!! God bless!