The Woman in Black

Options
Mr_Cape219
Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
A.K.A: "Harry Potter and the Spooky House"

Just saw this movie last night. Let me tell you it was one of my favorite ghost movies by far. The entire movie has a creepy grey vibe to it (might be the winter English countryside aspect) but all in all its a great movie. Full of the kind of subtle scares that you dont notice until something movies off to the side. Man its great. There is a quote that I vaugely remember, something along the lines of "If you can scare someone in a movie using a jack-in-the-box, its not a real scare. You will only make the person feel stupid for making them jump [from the jack-in-the-box]." That said, the film was loaded with subtle scares. Things you had to pay attention to to see it otherwise its missed, much like the Paranormal Activity movies or.. well thats the thing, I cant think of any others that do that.

All in all, GREAT ghost movie. Check it out if you havent yet. My only regret is not seeing it in theatres.

Replies

• tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's right up my alley. Will look it up on NF for sure.
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    This is one I wished I had seen in theatres unfortubatly everytime I was going to somethin came up but im gonna rent it for sure. I will say this NOTHING will stop me from seeing Chernobyl Diaries lol I dont care if the damn zombie apocolypse starts I will chain the doors shut and watch it hahaha
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    This is one I wished I had seen in theatres unfortubatly everytime I was going to somethin came up but im gonna rent it for sure. I will say this NOTHING will stop me from seeing Chernobyl Diaries lol I dont care if the damn zombie apocolypse starts I will chain the doors shut and watch it hahaha

haha that would be great, the movie is over you stand up, brush popcorn off of your jeans, walk out to the lobby and grab a shovel. Roll your neck and shoulders then kick open the door, screaming as you charge through the parking lot, then some huge tank (L4D) runs after you and your doging cars left and right. CDC swoops by on helicopter shooting at it, the tank throws a car at the chopper and the chopper spins out of control and crashes into the theatre. blowing it up. Man that would be sick.
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options

haha that would be great, the movie is over you stand up, brush popcorn off of your jeans, walk out to the lobby and grab a shovel. Roll your neck and shoulders then kick open the door, screaming as you charge through the parking lot, then some huge tank (L4D) runs after you and your doging cars left and right. CDC swoops by on helicopter shooting at it, the tank throws a car at the chopper and the chopper spins out of control and crashes into the theatre. blowing it up. Man that would be sick.

LOL DAMN BRO U WRITIN A SCRIPT?
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

LOL DAMN BRO U WRITIN A SCRIPT?

totally man. Bruce Willis and Chuck Norris will be nothing but torsos suspended by their arms as they chase you. They bring Walt Disney back to life who is hungry for human hearts, and Joss Wheadon saves the day using nothing but a pencil and some gum.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I saw it on Tuesday, very disappointed. Radcliffe never looks scared. If half the stuff that happened to him had happened to me, I'd probably have wet my pants, he just kind of takes it in stride. His (lack of) reactions killed it for me.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    I saw it on Tuesday, very disappointed. Radcliffe never looks scared. If half the stuff that happened to him had happened to me, I'd probably have wet my pants, he just kind of takes it in stride. His (lack of) reactions killed it for me.

That...is true. Half of the time I was like "So Brave"
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else watched the '89 adaptation of the novel?
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options

this, but I did like the almost ending
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

this, but I did like the almost ending

the almost ending?

Not the actual ending? >_>