Was there a day when you just NOTICED a change?

Options
2»

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I would keep trying on my "small" pants, and and they would never fit...so i stopped for awhile, forgot about those pants, and then after about a month decided to try again - and they were loose! They went from being too small to being baggy! I'm super happy that I've slimmed down, but I can't believe I missed the window of opportunity to wear those pants...lol.
    LMAO!!!!!!:laugh:
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    With Summer and swimsuits coming this is NOT OPPORTUNE!! LOL! Thank goodness for summer dresses!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Mine only happens when I take pics. I take them once a month. on that day I step on the scale, leave the room to go hang myself :sad: , but grab the camera instead, along w/ my standard "progress outfit", set the delay timer, and get to snapping :ohwell: . I walk my fat butt over to the PC, bring up the pics, and pull up the ones from the previous months, with a box of tissue on hand :cry: When I look at them all side by side, it blows my mind.. :noway:

Other than that, I just go by what DH says. Yesterday, the scale told me that I was up 3lbs, DH walked in the door, and told me that everyday when he gets home from work, I look thinner... :huh:

ummm...ok
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had 3 different people today tell me how thin I looked. They also commented that I looked very fit!! What a compliment. I have been really hitting the gym the past 3 month without fail and it has really paid off. So yes, I see a big change in the mirror, not so much with the scale, but I am ok with that.
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    Has anyone not seen anything scale or measurement wise, but felt they looked different in the mirror?
  • hammycakes
    hammycakes Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    That would be me. I have gained 5 to 7 lbs. inches are the same, if not bigger.. But I look "smoother" somehow. I can tell from my pictures, and others have commented as well. I'm about 5 weeks in.. Oh yeah, lifting heavy 3days per week also so I'm just marking progress in "lbs lifted" in the meantime. But I have a lot to lose, about 40 lbs, so just trying to be patient until everything catches up.
  • mageets79
    mageets79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A coworker told me the other day I was shrinking, I'd only lost 10 lbs when she said that and that's not very noticeable on someone my size. I went home that very same day and took my measurements, sure enough I was shrinking. There is power in taking pics and measuring to show your fitness success.