Vertigo - YUCK!

Options
tecallahan
tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
Had to come home from work - I felt a vertigo attack coming on and it is ramping up now. I had ears ringing/roaring/whooshing, hearing loss and vertigo 20 years before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Doctors said it was Meniere's Disease -- Here I am 35 years later and no better!! I joined the STTM group on Facebook and much to my surprise there are many, many hypo people on that forum who have these same symptoms!! No doctor ever told me that hypo could cause these issues!

My ND is thinking it might be aldosterone - an adrenal hormone that controls the sodium and potassium in your body. Some think aldosterone is as important as cortisol in regulating your metabolism.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/adrenal-info/

Anyway - as my world spins around today I probably won't be online much.

Terri

Replies

• MrsEb79
    MrsEb79 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It's so weird that you posed this. For the past three days, I've been feeling lightheaded and dizzy.
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hey Terri,
    I have the same issue, keeps coming back (although not lately)!

There is a tincture that you can get in health food stores. It is called borax drops. Put some under your tongue & leave for a couple minutes. Use 3-4 times the first couple days & it will be GONE by second day. Its great! (fairly cheap and NO side effects)
  • tecallahan
    Options
    Hey Terri,
    I have the same issue, keeps coming back (although not lately)!

There is a tincture that you can get in health food stores. It is called borax drops. Put some under your tongue & leave for a couple minutes. Use 3-4 times the first couple days & it will be GONE by second day. Its great! (fairly cheap and NO side effects)

Tried it - didn't work. I've also tried meclizine, didn't work. Nothing works when I have vertigo. I take GABA every day which keeps the occurrences down, but once the vertigo comes I just have to ride it out.
  • debbylee22
    Options
    Ah. Sorry to hear that.
  • jthurt
    jthurt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I get that when my tsh is off making me hyperthyroid. And when I would eat it made me dizzy too. And once they adjusted it I feel alot better. Also I cant drink pop because i feel like ive been out parting all night and have a hangover only its POP.
  • tecallahan
    Options
    Yeah - no one has been able to figure out root cause of mine. I also have extreme roaring and ringing in my ears all the time - 7x24 -- have had it for 35 years. Have had the vertigo for 25 years. It comes at all weird times of day, regardless of what I'm doing, eating, etc. Sometimes I get out of bed in the morning and there it is -- and I'm not talking lightheaded or dizzy -- I'm talking entire room spinning and you have to get on your hands and knees to cross the room. Most of the time I have to just sit on the floor in a corner with my head down -- if I gaze out into the room it gets worse. It's absolutely awful.
  • shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    sending hug. Hope you are feeling better
  • tecallahan
    Options
    Can't believe it - work up this morning with vertigo again!! What the heck??? I go to the ND on Thursday - sure hope he can figure this out - it's getting old!!
  • debbylee22
    Options
    Ah so sorry Terri. ((hugs)):cry: