What are you doing after Body Revolution?

Options
momwithacamera
momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
I am in the final two weeks!!! WOW!!! So now, I am trying to figure out what to do next. Considering Body Revolution again, but I don't know if I should do something else? I have been doing Jillian's workouts (Shred, Ripped in 30, now Body Revolution) just about every day for the last 11 months, and have had great results... almost 40 pounds lost and I am A LOT stronger than I was a year ago! I still have 30 more pounds to go, and would like to accelerate things a little bit, I feel like it is coming off SO SLOW!! But I do love that my Jillian workouts are a half hour, and I love the strength training aspects, because I just don' think cardio alone is effective in reshaping my body. I have considered doing something like the New Rules of Lifting for Women, but I don't have a gym membership or probably the necessary weights, and I am wondering if just sticking with Body Revolution and pushing the "up" button, as Jillian likes to say, would be similar enough to doing a different lifting program... I just really want to maximize my weight loss and body results this summer! Thoughts?

Replies

• twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I have 2 weeks left as well (skipped this week due to being on vacation but I'm soooo ready to move on and finish this program). I've already got ChaLEAN Extreme and TurboFire ready to go as soon as I'm done!!

I have the NROLFW but I think without a gym membership it might be difficult, plus I don't trust myself on my own as of yet to do the workouts the proper way so I'm sticking with the DVD's for now.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on the weight loss! I'm starting to realize that slow is good, in terms of weight loss and keeping it off. It allows your body (and mind) to get used to the changes. I plan to do JMBR again. I'm just finished the first week of week 7/8 and I may add extra weeks of workouts, if I don't feel ready to move to the next level. As you shared, there are always ways to increase the challenge (increase your weight, jump higher, faster, bigger, etc.). With the workouts changing so frequentlyz, your body never really gets used to anything. Enjoy the last 2 weeks of your program!
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i just bought weider adjustable weights to do chalean extreme. i got them on sale at sears for $71 after tax for 25 lb, so $142 for the set. much more affordable than selecttechs and those are HUGE. i am starting tomorrow! i was afraid with all my summer plans, i would stress out over missing workouts, but chalean extreme has two rest days per week, so i'm going to schedule my workouts around my travel plans hopefully :)
  • formerpyt
    formerpyt Posts: 56
    Options
    I plan to do workouts 7-12 and cardio 2 and 3 in cycles and mix it up with some running. I love that the workouts are only 30 minutes, so I want to hang on to that, but I also have to take advantage of good running weather while it lasts.
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I am planning to do insanity and hen rotate back to phase 2 and 3 of body Rev. I hope I survive! Two weeks left of body Rev and I have to say that makes me a little sad!
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've been done for a couple of weeks and I have been rotating my TaeBo and JM Kickboxing / RIpped in 30 videos. I don't feel like they're as effective, maybe because it's not a set "plan" - and you're not changing up the routine every time and it gets boring. I think I will re-do BR Phases 2 and 3 with more intensity.

Taking a week off feels like I took a month off.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I will probably do weeks 7-12 with my hubby (he is just about to start) again.
  • lalfaro01
    lalfaro01 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I will be doing Body Revolution again with maybe an additional treadmill session after each workout! My sister is staying with me over the summer and she wants to do the program so we will be working out together :).
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing, I have about 3 more weeks left of BR, and I'm thinking of doing P90x. Still looking into it though to see if it would help me with my goal of toning AND fat loss?
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm starting NROLW after this. I still have a ways to go...only in week 4. Jillian should get me in great shape to start lifting by the end! I'm glad to see another lady who's still going to use parts of the system once she's done. I plan on doing the same thing. I'm in Houston and the heat, even at midnight, gets too bad for me to walk/run outside.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be doing NROLFW. I'm reading the book and I've already made up my workout charts for phase 1, so they'll be all set to go when I finish JMBR (I'm halfway through week 11 now, so I finish next Saturday).

I will probably add in various cardio as well - biking (stationary or the real thing; I have an 8 mile loop through prairie near me), JM videos, etc - but nothing quite as intense/frequent as JMBR. I want to see if a lifting program with occasional cardio does a little better for building muscle and losing fat.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I plan to do workouts 7-12 and cardio 2 and 3 in cycles and mix it up with some running. I love that the workouts are only 30 minutes, so I want to hang on to that, but I also have to take advantage of good running weather while it lasts.

This is pretty much exactly my plan - except I'll be switching up from all of the workouts (maybe even 1&2 every now and then). I'm just going to try and focus more and more on perfect form + increasing the weights/resistance. It would also be nice to be able to get to a point where I'm doing all reps of the harder stuff... like making it through the entire upper body set of Workout 9 without having to stop or drop to my knees for some of the push ups, etc.

I think using the Workouts a couple of times for strength training + doing different types of cardo (HIIT, Jogging, Elliptical, etc) 4 times a week is what I'll do for a while... then I might try Ripped in 30 or this ChaLean that everyone's talking about. Or P90X2.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I've also been thinking of this and came up with a schedule...to maintain my weight would like to schedule in 3 days a week of cardio, and 2 days a week of strength training.

For the strength training days use the BR workouts starting with Workout 1 (I would like to continue using the BR Workouts to work on my form.), and for the cardio rotate between ALL the cardio DVD including the BR Cardio.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have 2 weeks left as well (skipped this week due to being on vacation but I'm soooo ready to move on and finish this program). I've already got ChaLEAN Extreme and TurboFire ready to go as soon as I'm done!!

I have the NROLFW but I think without a gym membership it might be difficult, plus I don't trust myself on my own as of yet to do the workouts the proper way so I'm sticking with the DVD's for now.
    I'm thinking of doing Chalean extreme or TurboFire .Do you know in ChaLEAN she uses heavy weights or my 5's and 8's would be enough for weight loss ? Thanks
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options

I'm thinking of doing Chalean extreme or TurboFire .Do you know in ChaLEAN she uses heavy weights or my 5's and 8's would be enough for weight loss ? Thanks

Gerla,

In Chalean Extreme, she uses heavy weights. It would easiest to get adjustable weights. It's a great program, though!
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have phase 3 to get through but I keep thinking I need to have something waiting so that I don't slack off once I'm done. i was leaning heavily towards Chalean Xtreme (how ever you spell it) but looking at my work travel schedule for the summer, I'm not sure it is feasible. I will be on the road every other week at the end of June and I can't pack adjustable weights and fly with them. I have aquabells, which I travel with regularly, but they give me either 8 or 16 pound dumbbells. I get the feeling that may not be enough range for that program. In addition you cannot switch them over very fast. Anyone know if my perception is wrong?

So, I'm thinking insanity now. No equipment to travel with, so it should work well for that period where I'm on the road a lot. Although, I really like working with weights.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have phase 3 to get through but I keep thinking I need to have something waiting so that I don't slack off once I'm done. i was leaning heavily towards Chalean Xtreme (how ever you spell it) but looking at my work travel schedule for the summer, I'm not sure it is feasible. I will be on the road every other week at the end of June and I can't pack adjustable weights and fly with them. I have aquabells, which I travel with regularly, but they give me either 8 or 16 pound dumbbells. I get the feeling that may not be enough range for that program. In addition you cannot switch them over very fast. Anyone know if my perception is wrong?

So, I'm thinking insanity now. No equipment to travel with, so it should work well for that period where I'm on the road a lot. Although, I really like working with weights.

i dont consider myself to be overly strong and i just started chalean extreme. i originally bought 25 lb adjustable dumbells but was doing squats with 25 weights on the first day. i suggest 0-50 lb adjustable dumbbells and i think you really need heavy weights for the program to be effective. there are two rest days per week though so if you arent traveling constantly, you may be able to still do the program.
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the heads up on the weights! I think I'll go with insanity for now and do Chalean xtream come October when travel slows down. I'm gone five days a week, so I would miss too many workouts while I'm gone.
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    I'm on my last 3 weeks of BR (workouts 11 & 12). I plan on doing JM's Six Week 6 Pack. The rest of my body is pretty much where I want it to be, my belly is what still needs toned...so close. I'm hoping after these final 3 weeks of BR, it will also be toned, if not, on to SW6P.
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much decided to do Body Revolution again, this time focusing on pushing the "up button" in everything. I am going to increase weights and also try to approach it more like HIIT, so going "all out" for half the circuit and then dialing it back to cathc my breath the other half. That should keep pushing my body to new levels. I'm also going to take advantage of beautiful summer weather to get outside and walk/run/swim/be active!
    I can't believe I finish BR on Thursday!! It has been a long haul, and I wasn't sure I was going to make it!
    Jen