Body fat percentage - How long?

Options
TiffyChick
TiffyChick Posts: 89 Member
So, I finally got on my gym's website to check out the body fat percentage that they recorded for me when I had my initial fitness evaluation on April 26th - exactly four weeks ago. My body fat at that time was at 25% (I was really scared it would be a lot higher than that). Anyway, my question is this...How long after starting a good pace with a lifting program did it take others to start seeing that percentage go down? 2 weeks? 4 weeks? 8 weeks? I'm just curious what kind of progress others have had, so I know when I should *maybe* get my BF checked again. I don't want to do it too soon and then feel deflated because the number hasn't moved.

Thanks, guys! : )

Replies

• 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hey, not sure how long you've been EM2WL?

I probably wouldn't go back any sooner than 4-6wks. The lower your bodyfat% is to start, the more tedious the process becomes. But it could take up to 3-4 months for some people just to drop 5%..(and I've seen that at higher bf%, so lower takes a bit more patience & tweaking) :wink:

~Kiki
  • TiffyChick
    TiffyChick Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey, not sure how long you've been EM2WL?

I probably wouldn't go back any sooner than 4-6wks. The lower your bodyfat% is to start, the more tedious the process becomes. But it could take up to 3-4 months for some people just to drop 5%..(and I've seen that at higher bf%, so lower takes a bit more patience & tweaking) :wink:

~Kiki

I've been doing EM2WL for about the same amount of time...but didn't *really* get on-board and organized with it (meeting macro's better, meeting calories better, eating often enough, etc.) until about 3 weeks ago. I'm totally okay with waiting. In fact, I promised myself to stay off a scale for at LEAST 2 months after starting EM2WL. I've only had one struggle with that promise. The one time I was tempted to weigh I reminded myself that my worth doesn't come from a number...the urge to check just went away. : )

Based upon your info I'm going to plan on waiting for another 4 weeks before checking, I think. I have already dropped about a 1/2 dress size in the past month - that is encouragement in itself! : )