A setback

Options
willow3eb
willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
Yesterday, today, and tomorrow were supposed to be my last 3 days in Phase 1, but on Wednesday afternoon I felt a slight tug in my neck that has not gone away. I took yesterday off with the hopes of doing my last workout 3 tonight, with a double of workout 4 and cardio tomorrow, however seeing as I cannot do a full neck roll without feeling a sharp pain, I have decided to take the whole weekend off and repeat my last week starting Monday. I'm not thrilled about it, but I don't want to make this any worse. I'd rather finish Phase 1 strong rather than continue limping through. It sucks, but I know it'll be better in the long run.

Replies

• formerpyt
    formerpyt Posts: 56
    Options
    You're doing the right thing. In the long-run, it is a minor setback and you don't want to turn it into something major. Good luck!
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Take a good rest, and feel better! then continue, don't want to make things worse
  • melibun98
    melibun98 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya! I went out of town this last week and wasn't able to get in any workouts, so I'm going to do the last week of phase 1 on Monday, too. Hope you're feeling better!
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You'll get back to it. It's always better to let that injury heal than to push it and really hurt yourself. I had to take a week off a few months ago when I hurt my hip/lower back. Hope you get better soon.
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    Yesterday, today, and tomorrow were supposed to be my last 3 days in Phase 1, but on Wednesday afternoon I felt a slight tug in my neck that has not gone away. I took yesterday off with the hopes of doing my last workout 3 tonight, with a double of workout 4 and cardio tomorrow, however seeing as I cannot do a full neck roll without feeling a sharp pain, I have decided to take the whole weekend off and repeat my last week starting Monday. I'm not thrilled about it, but I don't want to make this any worse. I'd rather finish Phase 1 strong rather than continue limping through. It sucks, but I know it'll be better in the long run.

Don't feel bad about taking time off, especially when you have a legitimate reason. At one point or another, we all have some setback, whether big or small. Just start strong on Monday, and you will be good as new! I'm on the same boat as you---I'm redoing week 5 & 6 this week because this past week I was not on top of my game like I should be. Keep going; way to be smart and listen to your body!