Snacks - What helps you through the day

Options
I propose this to you Loseit-ors, what do you snack on when you're feeling hungry in between meals to stave away from junkie stuff?

I've bought some carrots, snow peas, low-fat yogurt, apples and banana; but I would like some other ideas.

Replies

• jenjarvi
    jenjarvi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been on a jerky making kick, so for me: beef jerky (60-80 calories an ounce), or slice of turkey bacon jerky(35 calories a slice), string cheese (60-80 calories a piece), water. The fat and protein in those food helps me almost as much as a meal.

For my son who is also watching calories: an orange (60ish calories for medium one)
  • jimhooker
    jimhooker Posts: 1
    Options
    First Post!!

Carrots for me... tons of the little buggers. Low in calories, crunchy, sweet and filling!
  • exorciseAfterLunch
    Options
    I've been adding True Lime and True Lemon packets to my water. It really seems to help me filled up on water.
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Green tea and water when it's not time to eat. Yogurt, granola, and nuts when it's time for a snack.
  • thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Im getting into a lot of teas these days, the unsweetened brew your own english kind. Green tea too and also I keep a 2 liter bottle of water by my desk so I always have a drink when I think Im getting a bit peckish.

If i must snack on food, it will be 1 cheesestring which is about 67 kcal.

and then more water.