Confused about workout vs. non workout days...

Options
TiffyChick
TiffyChick Posts: 89 Member
I have noticed people starting that they eat "x" amount on workout days and "y" amount on non-workout days. I must have missed something somewhere - I thought you simply ate your TDEE minus the 15% cut everyday, regardless of your workout days. Am I mistaken? Should I be increasing my calories on days where I lift or do cardio?

Replies

• GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are right, eat the same every day unless your exercise cal burn puts your net below your bmr. Today I burnt 640 at the gym my goal is 1900 and bmr is 1395......1900-640= 1260 therefore I ate an extra 135 to get to my bmr. Apparently if you have your tdee set right you shouldn't have to mess with the numbers. I'm going to change mine to 2000 as I always burn 600@ the gym.

I hope this makes sense.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    You are right, eat the same every day unless your exercise cal burn puts your net below your bmr. Today I burnt 640 at the gym my goal is 1900 and bmr is 1395......1900-640= 1260 therefore I ate an extra 135 to get to my bmr. Apparently if you have your tdee set right you shouldn't have to mess with the numbers. I'm going to change mine to 2000 as I always burn 600@ the gym.

I hope this makes sense.

^^This^^
  • TiffyChick
    TiffyChick Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you - good to know I'm doing it right! : )