How many calories do you eat?

Options
Kristinemomof3
Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
What's your weight? goal weight, age & height? Just trying to decide if I should eat more.

I'm currently 5'6", 138 lbs. Goal weight is 135, not as worried about it as long as I am slimming down.
I currently eat 1550, but think maybe I should up it.

Replies

• prettytothinkso
    Options
    I am very far from my goal weight. I have 52 lbs to go.

I'm 5' 6", 221 lbs. My goal weight is 170 (large frame - half Samoan lol). I have my daily calorie goal set to 1750 and eat my exercise calories. So most days I am eating at least 2000 calories.

I've lost a couple of pounds since starting (I'm in week 4 of Burn) but I've added noticeable muscle, and lost several inches.
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Hi I am 5 foot 2, 28 years old, have 3 children (2 c-sections) and I weight 129lbs and would like to weight closer to 120 but like you am okay if I don't lose pounds as long as I lose inches. I am eating about 2000 calories a day total even if I don't workout. So far I haven't lost weight but have lost several inches. I might not weight much but with 36% body fat I am the definition of skinny fat.

Edit: I have my macros set at 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat. To build muscle you need make sure to intake enough lean protein.
  • clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot even (if I stand up really straight!), 43 years old and weigh 103. I'm not trying to lose weight, just maintain or even gain a bit through the development of muscle.

I eat 1500 calories a day base. On lifting days (M, W, F) I eat an additional 225 calories. This is based on the formula for NROLFW. On cardio days, I log the cardio exercise and eat back my calories.

I have my macros set at 30% each for fat & carbs, 40% protein. Most days I get pretty close to hitting that.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I am 36, 5'4" and 134 lbs. My goal weight is 125 but I would be fine with a higher weight as long as it's muscle. I have about 35% body fat so still a good amount to burn off.

Right now I'm trying to eat around 1600 calories a day if I work out but closer to 1400 if I don't get in any exercise. If I get in a great burn from cardio I will eat a little more. This is so I can have a 'spike' day on the weekend. So my goal is to be eating what would average out to about 1700 calories a day, I just save some up for the weekend. I also try to get my macros near 40/30/30
  • lulehlu
    lulehlu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Pulling this back up to solicit some opinions.

I'm 5'8" and weigh 162 lbs. Like many people here I would rather lose inches than worry about the scale.

I currently have my calories set at 1600 and try to eat back my exercise calories. I'm also a teacher so I spend 5 days a week doing a lot of standing and walking around (though this will change at the end of June and I may be more sedentary job-wise for a while).

Any thoughts?
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'9" and about 135 lbs. i'm trying to lose body fat. i eat 1810 cals and do not eat back exercise cals. i just started week 2 of burn phase today... we'll see!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I just got a BodyMedia Fit armband a little over a week ago and it has really opened my eyes. I thought I was 'sedentary' except for my exercise, boy was I wrong! On REST days I am burning around 2200-2400. So I am currently eating at least 2000 every day. More on heavy workout days. I'm 122 lbs and MFP said my sedentary maintenance was 1580 but apparently I earn more than that just through regular daily activities! :-)