• rolloffat
    rolloffat Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi
    My name is Shirley, British, married 8 grown-up kids, living in UAE
  • hhbrownfife
    hhbrownfife Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Hazel and I'm in Edinburgh, Scotland.

I have a very, very active job and thought this meant I could eat whatever I wanted, alas not.

I'm 5'5 and 139lbs and really want to lose 10lbs.

Let's get this done!!

H x
  • lmc8774
    lmc8774 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Marie from Colorado and I'm 42. I joined because I gained about 10 pounds over the last few years and have struggled getting rid of it. Last fall my BMI hit the "overweight" category for my height and I did lose a few pounds at that point, but haven't been able to get back to where I was a few years ago.I'll lose a few pounds and then gain it back. Also, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism last year and have never struggled like I am now to lose weight. I've also been struggling with a lot of fatigue and I am hoping that doing this will keep me consistent and help motivate me to do my workouts.
  • TAMMYCLARK62
    TAMMYCLARK62 Posts: 102
    Options
    Hi, my name is Tammy...I am from Cape Breton, NS, Canada. I am a wife and a mother of 2 and Nana to one beautiful 2 year old baby girl. I have fibromyalgia and depression but I am kicking their butts. I have lost 25 lbs so far and I wanted to join this challenge to keep me motivated to reach my goals. I started slowly walking and now I can actually jog. I am very proud of the changes I have made in my life and looking forward to the future. I am currently working on opening my own business. Good luck to all and feel free to add me as your friend.
  • polza1888
    polza1888 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Paul and from Glasgow (Scotland) I've always had a constant battle with my weight and have been hitting it hard now for over a year. I Iost 3 stone doing the Weight Watchers diet but eventually stopped losing weight; I moved to MyFitnessPal to try and kick-start my weight loss again.
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm Andy... 46 year old male. i'm living in Ireland now for over 10 years but i'm from Yorkshire in the UK.
    I'm at 258 now but always have been over weight since i lost a leg in a car accident when i was 18,
    MFP has been the best help yet , started at 301lb. and need to be under 200.
    I have 2 kids, a boy at 19 and a girl at 16, and i also have a Miniature Schnauzer called Mollie (profile pic)
    I think joining this group will give me the extra push i need.
    Thanks

Andy
  • raven23uk
    raven23uk Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hiya peps

I am a mum and grandmum and will be 50 in October and want to lose the weight I've gained over the years.
    I have been on a plateau and my heart was not in it so this challenge is just what I need
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi there, 29 year old Mam to four here, struggling to lose the baby weight but giving it a good go :happy:

Looking forward to chatting with you all and getting to know you!

Orla x
  • keri628
    keri628 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Keri and i'm from New Jersey. I just had my second child and am trying to lose the baby weight. Second time around is a lot more challenging. I have 10 more lbs to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight, but things have def slowed down and need a fresh jolt of inspiration.

Good luck to everyone!
  • Subigal
    Subigal Posts: 3
    Options
    Good morning, all! My name is Pat and I'm from Virginia. I love to cook -- soups, pot roast, tomato sauce -- and read while healthy meals are simmering away. Unfortunately, age has crept up on me and I need to be more careful. Did I mention that a great meal always tastes better with a good wine? So here I am, ready to get serious about counting those calories and recalibrating for a healthier life.
  • delmc1
    delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    hi everyone , its Del here from Ireland ,started trying to get the weight down at the start of the year as was doing well then let it slip.joined mfp a few months ago and again a great start but again hit a wall . been losing inches more than weight lately.
    BUT NOW NEED THE CHALLENGE to get me back in line .

please add as a friend if u think u can , criticise and push me when i slack as well as encourage and praise when going well .sometimes i need a kick in the *kitten* more than a pat on the back.
  • jac1967123
    jac1967123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi looking forward to losing 10Lbs good luck all :-)
  • scrappermom2
    scrappermom2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Kara and I am ready to do this. I was always curvy but fit (size 6-8) but after my kids were born, never really took the weight off. Now that my youngest is going to be 9, I am ready to make this change. I am tired of the way I look in pictures and clothes and it is to the point that I don't even want to put a bathing suit on. I joined MFP a while ago but lacked the commitment but am ready to get this done. I am a teacher (2 more weeks!) and my summer goal is to get on a diet/fitness plan and finally start making changes.
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    My name is Dawn, mom to two tween girls. My weight has always been an issue, but after having the girls (12months apart) My weight just kept going up. My highest was 366 and I joined WW. I lost 50 on program, but my schedule didn't letme keep up with the meetings. Besides I felt likei was doing things alone. I joined MFP a couple of years ago and only allowed my RL friends on here... that didn't work.
    I am back with whole new attitude. I am learning to make myself a priority, that I can't dothis for anyone else other than myself. I came back here at 355 and now at 344.
    Love the ideaof this challenge, as it will help to keep me focused! Good luck everyone!
    Feel free to add me :)
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the fellow challengers.

I'm Lelah from Michigan. I have been fighting my weight for ever. Of course I would kill for my high school weight now. I have three daughters from 17 to 4. With each pregnancy I gain 80+ lbs. My highest weight was 257 and I am now 160. I joined mfp last year and got down to 145, but then I hurt my back in Jan and have gained back 15lbs. I would like to lose that 15 and another 10 lbs. I am hoping that this challenge will jump start my weight loss.
  • nativeamericanm
    nativeamericanm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Mom to 3, Grandmama to 1.

My goal is to lose 35 lbs for now. I hope to lose 10 lbs by June 21. I know this is a short period of time, but since I'm having surgery on that date I felt I should try to do what I can by then. Recovery will take a few weeks and I'm not sure how much I will get to exercise after the first week to get me back on track. Wish me luck!
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Stacey. I just married the love of my life last year, and now I'm 15-20 lbs heavier. I don't really know how it happened. Weight is so sneaky. I want to lose weight, not only to look and feel better, but also to gain more self confidence. I think having a support system like this will really help.

I'm 37 years old, 5'4" and 140 lbs. I work a desk job. My heaviest weight ever was 145. I never want to see that number again.

Good luck to everyone!
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is LaStar I've actually been trying to loose weight for the past year...its not til recently that I got serious bout it...its like working out & eating healthy are becoming a part of me & I love the energy I feel...10lbs is a goal to achieve...but my ultimate goal is 60lbs...
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    HI everyone. I'm excited to join. My story is I lost and reached goal in Nov 2011 for my Mexico wedding and since then have been consistenly gaining. now up 12lbs and have no motivation to get up and start moving or eating well some days. I'm not sure if it's the honeymoon phase or I have nothing to reach to as a goal. I need support to lose this as I lost with a great group last time and am looking for a different group this time to keep me accountable.

I'm excited to get to know everyone in this group
  • Danyellie513
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I just joined MFP yesterday actually, so this is a great motivation to jump start my weight loss! A little about me though.. I'm 24. I'm a microbiologist, and I really just want to lose weight. I know that doesn't sound like much but I've tried to lose weight a million times. So I'm here for the 10 lb. challenge and possibly some new friends??