sore/heavy enough

Options
theredcliche
theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
Ok, I am on week 2 of burn phase. I am using anywhere from 8lbs for posterior flies to 25 lbs for squats in the program. I definitely feel tired and like my legs are going to fall off during the program, but I don't feel sore afterwards. I tried to up my weights but was unable to do the moves with proper form. Do you always feel sore? I actually did burn circuit 1 and 2 on consecutive days last week and was so sore I could barely move my arms above my head. I'm afraid I won't get results if I'm not sore because that may mean I'm not doing right. I know if you can do more than 12 reps, you need to go heavier...I think I need to focus on perfecting my form rather than just completing the reps.

Replies

• Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    No, you don't need to be sore after every workout.

I'm in the Lean phase. Generally, I felt sore during the first week of each phase and then my body would adjust. You will definitely get results without feeling sore all the time. That fatigued feeling tells you you've pushed your muscles. That's what you're going for.

Karen
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I never feel sore after a workout. Yes, I reach failure. And I work out *hard* with a mixture of CLX, Turbo Jam, and Debbie Siebers stretching videos. I do another stretching video at the end of nearly every workout, and I think that helps.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Ok.. good to hear! I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right by lifting heavy to failure regardless of feeing sore or not. you guys are great!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    She actually does say in one clip that not everyone has soreness.

I would be careful not to purposefully make yourself sore if that is how you generally are. I didn't have much soreness from the program until the Lean Phase.

Maybe you are also good at drinking enough water which would help flush the lactic acid buildup :)