Desserts!

Options
NeuroticVirgo
NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
Have a delicious dessert recipe? Post it here.

Replies

• gleechick609
    Options
    My friend taught me how to make "Faux chocolate mousse"

2 tubs of light coolwhip
    1 package of sugar free chocolate pudding mix

All you do is thaw the coolwhip and place both tubs in a mixing bowl. Add pudding mix and stir. Then put the mixture in the fridge for about 1 hour. It should become a little thicker. Serve with a little bit of whipped cream and enjoy!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options

2 tubs of light coolwhip

All you do is thaw the coolwhip and place both tubs in a mixing bowl. Add pudding mix and stir. Then put the mixture in the fridge for about 1 hour. It should become a little thicker. Serve with a little bit of whipped cream and enjoy!

This is awesome, especially if you add sliced banana or sliced strawberries
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    My Weight Watchers leader shared this with us a couple of weeks ago. I made them and they were great. I added fat-free cream cheese to the top.

One box of spice cake mix
    1 can of pumpkin puree
    1/2 cup water

Mix together and adjust the water to the consistency you want. Bake about 30 minutes in 350 degree oven. Makes 18 muffins and each are about 97 calories or 3 points plus. In my second batch I added walnut pieces and millet, but didn't check to see how that changed the calorie count. You could really use any flavor cake mix, but I think they were great with the spice cake mix. Enjoy!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

2 tubs of light coolwhip

I so :heart: this! Yummy!!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    My Weight Watchers leader shared this with us a couple of weeks ago. I made them and they were great. I added fat-free cream cheese to the top.

1 can of pumpkin puree
    1/2 cup water

Mix together and adjust the water to the consistency you want. Bake about 30 minutes in 350 degree oven. Makes 18 muffins and each are about 97 calories or 3 points plus. In my second batch I added walnut pieces and millet, but didn't check to see how that changed the calorie count. You could really use any flavor cake mix, but I think they were great with the spice cake mix. Enjoy!

This sounds amazing! Does it come out tasting like pumpkin? (Not that its a huge deal, I love pumpkin, but I'm just curious)
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options

1 can of pumpkin puree
    1/2 cup water

This sounds amazing! Does it come out tasting like pumpkin? (Not that its a huge deal, I love pumpkin, but I'm just curious)

I've done this (but added less pumpkin, egg and oil) and it tastes like a pumpkin spice cupcake - so freaking good! Another variation is to use the yellow cake mix and add your own "pumpkin pie" seasoning. I'm not sure if it would change the calorie count, but I liked the flavor a bit better.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options

2 tubs of light coolwhip

you can actually make this with any pudding mix its so good and i have done every pudding you can think of lmao

1 can of pumpkin puree
    1/2 cup water

i make tyhis its so yummy got it while i was doing WW as well lmao
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options

1 can of pumpkin puree
    1/2 cup water

I make this a little bit different
    1box of carrot cake mix
    1/2 water
    2 egg whites

I make a cream cheese frosting with 1/4 cup of splenda and 1/2 Tbs of vanilla.
    I DO NOT bake it for 30 minutes though or they would be dry! I would check them after 15 minutes. My batch makes 22 muffins. I've also added chocolate chips which makes them out to be 108 calories.. They are to die for.
  • sparetirebegone
    sparetirebegone Posts: 92 Member
    Options

1 can of pumpkin puree
    1/2 cup water

I have made these with just the can of pumpkin and spice cake mix and they turn out so moist and yummy! They have a great pumpkin flavor to them. Sometimes I add some chocolate chips to them, doesn't really hurt the calorie count too much!
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

2 tubs of light coolwhip

oh yes!!!!!!!:happy:
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Spinach Ice Cream from chocolatecoverdkatie.com

fwOrC.jpg

2 frozen bananas, as ripe as possible
    2-3 drops pure peppermint extract
    scant 1/16th tsp salt
    1/4 cup or more frozen spinach (I used 40g) (If you don’t like spinach, you can sub food coloring or omit completely.)
    scant 2T non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
    chocolate chips or cacao nibs

Blend everything together in the Vita-Mix. (If you don’t have a high-powered blender, just add more liquid; it won’t be as ice-cream-like, but it’ll still taste good!)]
  • punkinbaby1
    punkinbaby1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

2 tubs of light coolwhip

i do this but with dark choco coa coa powder! sometimes i add a spoonful of peanut butter too....then chill!! yummy!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Recipe for Trifle - One Easy Recipe, Endless Possibilities. This trifle recipe is a lifesaver when you have to feed a crowd. Using cake and custard mixes, it's fast and easy to make, and it looks spectacular
    Ingredients

The Basic Recipe:
    1 cake mix ( see notes below)
    2 packets of custard or pudding mix (see note above)
    2 bags, 1 pound each, frozen fruit or equivalent sliced fresh fruit
    1/3 cups sugar (more or less to taste)
    1 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped (or to save time, use whipped topping)
    additional fresh fruit for garnish
    1/3 cups sherry or other liquor (optional)

Directions

Basic Instructions:
    Prepare cake according to directions on package. Let cool completely.
    Prepare custard or pudding mix according to package instructions. Let cool completely.
    Mix fruit with sherry. If you don\'t want to use alcohol, use a little water or juice instead. You want the fruit to be sitting, but not swimming, in a bit of sweetened juice. Some people like to really soak the cake in the alcohol, then add the fruit on top. I think this can tend to make the cake too soggy, so I prefer less.
    Whip the cream.
    To Assemble: Trifle is very forgiving, it takes no effort to make and it looks great! If you don\'t have a trifle bowl, like the one in the photo, use any large glass bowl. It doesn\'t technically have to be glass, but it looks prettier if it is. You can also make individual servings by placing the layers in large wine goblets.
    Cut the cakes into large chunks and cover the bottom of your dish with a layer of cake. Top with a layer of prepared fruit, then a layer of custard. Repeat the process until you are out of ingredients or the bowl is full. Top with whipped cream and garnish with fresh fruit. Chill until serving time.
    To Serve: Simply scoop out servings with a large spoon.
  • Selyan
    Selyan Posts: 51
    Options
    I ended up making frozen yoghurt by a mistake, but it was really delicious. All I did was put one frozen banana and one strawberry yogurt in the mixer, and it ended up being a amazing icecream. I was trying to make a smoothie, but can't say the result wasn't 10 times better.
  • lilsaph
    lilsaph Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    From the BBC good food website (tried myself and v.good!!! :-)

Makeover Choc Chic Cookies

Ingredients85g butter
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 tsp instant coffee granules
    85g light muscovado sugar
    25g golden granulated sugar
    85g dark chocolate , about 70% cocoa solids (we used Lindt as it keeps its shape when baked)
    1 medium egg , beaten
    ½ tsp vanilla extract
    140g plain flour
    ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda

Line a couple of baking sheets with baking parchment. Put the butter, cocoa and coffee in a medium saucepan then heat gently until the butter has melted. Remove from the heat, stir in both the sugars, then leave to cool.
    Chop the chocolate into small pieces. Beat the egg and vanilla into the cooled butter mix to make a smooth batter. Stir the flour and bicarbarbonate of soda together. Tip it into the batter mixture with two-thirds of the chocolate, then gently stir together to combine. Don't overmix. Leave for 10-15 mins to firm up slightly, ready for shaping. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
    Using your hands, shape the mixture into 22 small balls. Lay them on the lined sheets, well apart so they have room to spread (you may have to bake in batches). Press the rest of the chocolate pieces on top of each cookie. Can be frozen on sheets and then transferred to bags at this stage for up to 1 month. Bake for 12 mins. Leave on the sheets for a couple of mins, then transfer to a cooling rack.

97 kcalories, protein 1g, carbohydrate 12g, fat 5 g, saturated fat 3g, fibre 1g, sugar 6g, salt 0.12 g
  • mreko2005
    Options

2 tubs of light coolwhip

All you do is thaw the coolwhip and place both tubs in a mixing bowl. Add pudding mix and stir. Then put the mixture in the fridge for about 1 hour. It should become a little thicker.

How do determine how many calories, fats, carbs, etc. are in each serving?

i do this but with dark choco coa coa powder! sometimes i add a spoonful of peanut butter too....then chill!! yummy!
  • cbashful
    cbashful Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am not sure if this will count as a desert but I love this...

6 ritz crackers
    1 tablespoon of grape jelly

Spread jelly on crackers and enjoy. Total 150 calories! and a great way to silence a sweet tooth.
  • jah0217
    jah0217 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So I don't know how much of a recipe this is, but we love it at my house!

Dessert shells
    Non fat cool whip
    1/4 strawberries per shell

112 calories each <3
  • cjacole
    cjacole Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    bump-a-licious!!!