Post JMBR: Workouts & Worries

Options
I still have another 3 weeks of JMBR, but I am trying to think ahead. I don't know where to go from here. I'm slightly disappointed in my results so far, and I guess I was hoping to be further along than what I am. I feel good and I've toned up a bit, but I don't think I'm making as much progress as others. It's hard researching other exercise regiments because I'm not sure if people are getting their results from the exercise and doing their own eating plans or following the meal plan that comes with the program. I used TDEE and some Mayo Clinic resources to figure out what I should be eating daily; I can't live off 1200 calories. Obviously there's been a cheat day every now and then, but for the most part I've really stayed true to my plan. I also have the challenge of being able to find a program that works for my schedule once grad school starts in August. I need something that isn't more than an hour per day that doesn't require a lot of equipment (living in a campus apartment doesn't give me much storage space). The gym at school is free, but the exercise classes aren't so I can't really afford them. So, in short, if anyone has any program ideas please let me know. Also, if you could tell me whether or not you use the meal plans that come with workout regiments, that would be great, too. Thanks so much for the help! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I still have another 3 weeks of JMBR, but I am trying to think ahead. I don't know where to go from here. I'm slightly disappointed in my results so far, and I guess I was hoping to be further along than what I am. I feel good and I've toned up a bit, but I don't think I'm making as much progress as others. It's hard researching other exercise regiments because I'm not sure if people are getting their results from the exercise and doing their own eating plans or following the meal plan that comes with the program. I used TDEE and some Mayo Clinic resources to figure out what I should be eating daily; I can't live off 1200 calories. Obviously there's been a cheat day every now and then, but for the most part I've really stayed true to my plan. I also have the challenge of being able to find a program that works for my schedule once grad school starts in August. I need something that isn't more than an hour per day that doesn't require a lot of equipment (living in a campus apartment doesn't give me much storage space). The gym at school is free, but the exercise classes aren't so I can't really afford them. So, in short, if anyone has any program ideas please let me know. Also, if you could tell me whether or not you use the meal plans that come with workout regiments, that would be great, too. Thanks so much for the help! :flowerforyou:

I don't know how far you are from your goal weight, but I don't really have a goal weight, I was just wanting to lose body fat and feel fitter. I started on 1200 calories and it sucked, so I ate 1900 calories (total; my net was around 1550) for the entire program. I didn't lose much weight, but I feel awesome - both stronger and smaller. I'm now doing Chalean Extreme, which is a 5 day per week program of heavy lifting 3days per week then two days of cardio. It requires heavy weights or resistance bands (but i do NOT recommend them)... the workouts are around 35 minutes with one day's workout being 57 minutes. I recommend it if you are wanting to change the way your body looks but may be close to your goal weight.
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    I don't know how far you are from your goal weight, but I don't really have a goal weight, I was just wanting to lose body fat and feel fitter. I started on 1200 calories and it sucked, so I ate 1900 calories (total; my net was around 1550) for the entire program. I didn't lose much weight, but I feel awesome - both stronger and smaller. I'm now doing Chalean Extreme, which is a 5 day per week program of heavy lifting 3days per week then two days of cardio. It requires heavy weights or resistance bands (but i do NOT recommend them)... the workouts are around 35 minutes with one day's workout being 57 minutes. I recommend it if you are wanting to change the way your body looks but may be close to your goal weight.
    [/quote]

I don't really have a goal weight exactly. I'd like to get to 145 pounds but I'm more concerned with muscle tone. if I stay at my current weight but get more tone then I'm okay with that. What wouldn't you recommend from the Chalean Extreme program, the resistance bands? I was a little confused. Thank you for your help; a few people now have talked to me about this Chalean Extreme program and it seems to be something I'd be interested in.
  • radioraven
    radioraven Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was missing how I felt after BR workouts for the last week and a half, so I am starting over again. I don't want to shell out more money for another program and tried a few other workout DVDs I had, it just wasn't cutting it for me.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I did not follow the meal plan - it didn't suit my taste. I did not lose much weight but I'm thrilled with the 17" I lost. I know I look better, feel stronger and I am so proud of myself for actually finishing the program.

I also tried rotating some other videos, but it is not the same; I do not feel like I'm on any kind of "plan". I just purchased ChaLean Extreme and am looking forward to doing that because I found I love the weightlifting aspect that JM brought to the workout.

You could do JM a second time with heavier weights or doing the more intense versions of the workouts. That was my plan but I wanted to try something new.
  • aprrae
    aprrae Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I still have Phase 2 & 3 to go, but I hope that I can continue using the BR DVDs post 90 days.
  • mcmom0725
    mcmom0725 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am not sure I have grasp of the whole eating thing yet myself. I basically eat from the meal plans all day except dinner. Love the chicken salad sandwich for lunch! As far as calories I try to stay within 1200-1400 calories a day. I eat back most of my calories. I start phase 2 tomorrow and I have lost 8 inches so far. So far l am very happy with the plan would like to be seeing bigger # on scale but am definitely gaining more muscle. After br l am going to do her various Dvds -mix it up a bit then I will probably go for another round of BR. Good luck!