Goals for January 2012

Options
2»

Replies

• prairiegirl1966
    prairiegirl1966 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I am an assistant to a pediatric surgeon. Since starting my desk job I gained weight where prior I was running a restaurant doing a lot of running around. There are so many factors but the bottom line is I want to shed the weight I have gained back after losing 40 lbs 7 years ago. (my profile picture is me at 40 (5yrs ago) I am now 25lbs heavier and use the picture as encouragement.

I hurt my leg somehow and cant walk but when I can I plan to walk everyday and watch my food intake from my food journal on this site which is how I did it before.

My January goal although I cant exercise is to lose 3 pounds.

Hardest thing to give up is cigarettes! ooooh and wine.

Here's to a healthier me! and you!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    hey angelrn, yeah i've been on here a while. MFP has really helped me realize how much I was eating. i've gotten so much support from friends on here and that helped me keep motivated, esp through the tough times. i think one important thing for people to realize when they start is that they need to have patience. it is not always a downhill battle and above all.. life is life! live it! unless you're in a bubble on the biggest loser there are gonna be times were you're gonna be confronted with excess eating and such. i'm not saying go crazy, but educate yourself about food and make better choices then you did before MFP.
    i've been running for a little over a year, and am no expert by far, but i do enjoy it for myself and it helps keep the weight in check lol. i like doing 5k's and have done 1 half marathon. next month i'll be doing the Disney Princess Half, where i'll be running from EPCOT to the Magic Kingdom and back! can't wait! i'm currently in training for that, followed by the NYC Half in March. Eventually I want to do a full marathon and put my name in for the lotto for the NYC marathon! so we'll see..
    my goals for January are to keep up with my Hal Higdon training schedule and lose 2-5 pounds.
  • angelrn1224
    Options
    Hi All!

I am an assistant to a pediatric surgeon. Since starting my desk job I gained weight where prior I was running a restaurant doing a lot of running around. There are so many factors but the bottom line is I want to shed the weight I have gained back after losing 40 lbs 7 years ago. (my profile picture is me at 40 (5yrs ago) I am now 25lbs heavier and use the picture as encouragement.

I hurt my leg somehow and cant walk but when I can I plan to walk everyday and watch my food intake from my food journal on this site which is how I did it before.

My January goal although I cant exercise is to lose 3 pounds.

Hardest thing to give up is cigarettes! ooooh and wine.

Here's to a healthier me! and you!

You don't have to give up wine, just lots of it! LOL Just Kidding!

I'm excited you have joined our team and good luck on the healing of the leg!
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym with my fiance. so much easier with support :)
  • wwdot
    wwdot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My exercise goal is to spin 2-3 times a week, and walk 2-3 times a week.

My weight goal is to maintain!
  • angelrn1224
    Options
    i go to the gym with my fiance. so much easier with support :)

Agreed! Support is needed, like a good bra! :laugh:
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    @angelrn: if it weren't for Bistro MD, I would struggle a lot more with taking healthy lunches. It's a meal delivery service, like Schwan's (but healthier) or EDiets (but tastier and with larger portions). I get the 5 day a week plan, and I toss a meal plus two snacks and a liter of water in my bag every day. My hubby is on MFP as well, and he does the dinner cooking for the family, so recently the meals have been healthier.
  • debbieHOC
    debbieHOC Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am Debbie and work as an LPN on a hospice crisis care team.
    1st Goal: lose 14 pounds by June 22nd (my high school 30 yr reunion) will take me down to 240.
    2nd Goal: Get below 200 pounds by New Years Day. ( 55 lbs) that wouls make me 199.
    3rd goal: Lose 30 more pounds before June 2013 ... weight 169.
    4th goal: plastic sugery to remove excess skin

I figure I have enough to cover a few pedatric burn victims... iffin they don't mind the stretch marks
  • kellicrandall
    Options
    I am a medical social worker (BSW, licensed) working full time and going to school for my Masters (MSW) two nights a week. I have lost 35 lbs since Dec. 16, 2011. I am moving into the maintenance phase, but it is scary. I have learned so much about the content of the food I take in, and the benefit of exercise. Stress has led to weight loss this time,where normally it causes weight gain. My goal at this time is to stay at 130 or slightly less depending on the day. Today I weigh 127.8. To do this I am sticking to my exercise routine and sticking to 1200 or close to it. It's summer and my long term goal is to wear a bathing suit in front of people. My weight is under control but I am not toned or fit the way I need to be. My longest term goal is to be fit, healthy, and happy by the time I turn 50 in June 2013.