Introductions!

Options

Replies

• katycat24
    katycat24 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi, I'm Katy. I've been stalled in my weight loss for a long time and really need to focus one it, so this challenge is a good way for me to keep going for the long haul. I am 5'3" and weigh 138.5. Let's go!!!
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

My name is Talal, I'm from Bahrain, 27yrs and joined MFP since March 2012!

I'm trying to loose weight since April 2011!

well what else! I'm 5"4.5' (164cm) and CW is 67.5 kg (149 lb), Alreayd close to my goal! but I wanna reach my ultimate goal, which is around 9 lb lower! so I'm in for that challenge :D
  • Yazy_boo
    Yazy_boo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
    Everyone my name is Yasmine. Im a college student who is gaine over 50 lbs in the last 2 years. I use to be fit and atheltic but I had alot of family issues that made me gain weight. I have alot of reasons why I want to loose weight. I want to build up my confidence alslo. Any of you can add me!! Im a great supporter
  • misslj17
    misslj17 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi

Im Laura, am so excited about this site. I has given me hope that I will lose this weight!!

Am currently 181lb & 5 2" and have been struggling with my weight for years & have tried everything in the book.

This time I will do it!!
  • katmariew
    katmariew Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kat, and I'm a college student. I just graduated with a biology degree but now I am working on secondary education degree so that I can teach! I'm 5'6" and 160. Two summers ago I was at 140, and throughout most of high school I was 125. I'd love to be in the 120's again but for now I'd happily be at 140. If I can be 145 (15 lb loss) by July 21st I'll be so happy! It's been a slow start though. I plan to focus more on being active rather than worrying about everything I eat.
  • bampitt
    bampitt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Beverly. I'm 47 and the mother of a 3 year old boy (yes, I can hear some of you groan!). Let's just say that Mother Nature has an odd sense of humor.

Anyway, I'm at 171 and I need to get down to 145-150. I've got a really good start and have lost 4 pounds in about 3 weeks. I certainly think I can lose 10 pounds in six weeks. I just need to get my diet a little stricter. I'm also going to start a couch to 5K program.

I'm so looking forward to this challenge. It's just the thing I need right now.
  • ilovesabrinamycat
    Options
    Hello to everyone! Nice to meet you all!

I'm a married, recent university graduate, from Montreal. My goal is to really get into shape this summer and try to figure out a way to keep up this healthy eating and exercise once I'm back in classes in the Fall. I really like the idea of this challenge because I think it'll help me kick-start my weight loss. So far I haven't lost any weight, but my goal is to lose around 25 pounds by December!

Oh, and feel free to add me!
  • kamckinley1
    kamckinley1 Posts: 17
    Options
    My name is Kayla. I am currently a student at Plymouth State University. I am getting my Bachelors degree in Social Work with a mental health option. My mother and I are on a weight loss journey and slowly shedding the pounds. We are all about improving our wellness and making positive changes.

I love a little friendly competition and I am hoping that it keeps me on track to my goal of loosing weight!
  • stingraycat
    stingraycat Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi, just now joining, I'm a vegan and a student and I'm hoping that weekly weigh ins will help keep me motivated.
  • Nadine14040
    Nadine14040 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in. I have 4 amazing boys between the ages of 3 and 9 who fill my life with adventure...and my waitsline with too much extra 'fluff'! I'd like to return the 10 pounds each of them has so lovingly given me and exchange it all for Yummy Mommy status :happy: I'm a stay at home mom who is never at home it seems and I look forward to the challenge of adding myself to the priority list and having you all help keep me accountable. Thanks for starting this! Time to kick the first 10 to the curb!
  • mamacitamadness
    Options
    Hello, love this idea, I need a little extra push to lose my last ten pounds. I am in my early 40's and have found it very challenging to finish up with this effort and put on the bikini. I'm ready to push hard!
  • boweed70
    boweed70 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    My name is Boyd. I am a 41 year old husband and father of five. I live in Chesapeake, VA and have witnessed in horror as my weight has skyrocketed since my early 30's. I can think of plenty of excuses as to why this happened, but in the end, it still let it happen. At my highest, I was 350 lbs and completely miserable with my appearance. I didn't allow many pictures to be taken of me, I started 'dressing down' to cover my fat, and my energy level was at an all-time low. Over the past few years, I have made slight adjustments to my diet with some success. I am down to 332 and am aiming my sights to a svelt 220. I have been watching and recording everything I eat or drink and have started lifting weights again. I feel better and have a ton more energy. I'd really like to see the numbers on my scale go down, though. I decided to add some cardio to my exercise regimen to exact some much-needed revenge on my waistline. To that effect, my son and I rearranged the living room to make plenty of room to use my Gazelle.

I love this challenge and am all-in. Time to scorch the fat!
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Jeanette. I'm 26 and I've gained about 40 pounds over the last 7 years. I need to loose those 40 pounds and a few extra wouldn't be totally wrong ;)
    Summer is coming back and it's time to start doing something about it. For real this time.
    I'm a golfer, but also a full-time student, so the time left for training is rare. there are always homework or friends and relaxation in the way the few hours per week I'm free from school. But now I need to make the excuses go away. Maybe some competition might help me to skip that 40min of Diablo 3 and go out for a walk instead :)

Please add me as friend and good luck to you all!
  • momof377
    momof377 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Kristie from Wisconsin. Been battling my "baby weight" since my last baby was born almost 25 years ago!! Time to get it off - especially since I am now expecting my 6th (yes, sixth...) grandchild to be born in December. I'm 52 years young and need to lose 40 pounds to keep up to all the little ones.

I'm looking forward to the challenge. Best of luck to us all!!
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    My name is Sheila. I am 47 yrs old and have 2 grown daughters and a 10 mo old granddaughter. I manage a call center, so basically I sit in front of a computer all day long.
    I have struggled with my weight all my life. After my divorce a few years ago I lost 52lbs. I kept it off for awhile but slowly the weight started creeping back little by little. It wasn't until recently I realized that those 2 or 3 lbs had quickly turned in 35lbs. Enough is enough! I've lost 12 since I started my diet last month, 7 since joining MFP. My goal is to lose 51 more and keep it off forever!

I also have Multiple Sclerosis which can make it hard for me to exercise at times, but I am determined to do push myself as hard as a can when I can, and just do whatever I can on the days when I am not feeling great.
  • bellahar
    bellahar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Belinda - 32 year old Mother of two. My children are 14 & 12 and they have joined me in the quest of eating healthier this Summer and changing our ways of eating. I have been successful in losing weight in the past, but this year has been very difficult. In September 2011, my body was overcome with unbearable pain...especially in my neck, skull, back and ribs. I've lost the movement in my left arm and shoulder and my body writhes in constant pain. I lost my job and my ability to function in everyday life. I'm seeing many physicians and the combination of being depressed, taking certain medications that cause bloating, weight gain - along with my forced sedentary lifestyle has caused me to go from 132 lbs to 155 lbs. I am looking forward to making friends, supporting one another and trying my best to beat the odds and get to a healthier weight. Please feel free to add me as a friend :) - Belinda xo
  • jvizcarra
    jvizcarra Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Jennifer and I live in British Columbia, Canada. I joined MFP about a month ago and am on a journey to lose 50lbs. I am 42 years old, recently married (for the first time!!), mother of one grown son and nana to a 3 year old little girl :-) I travel a lot for work and am currently really struggling to stay on program the weeks I am away. I have struggled with weight my entire life but did successfully lose 100lbs when I was 25. Unfortunately I gained 50lbs back when I quit smoking 5 years ago. I can't believe how much harder it is at 42 than it was at 25!! I am looking for a bit of friendly competition and hoping to make some new friends for support and *kitten* kicking along the way!!!

Jennifer
  • Caryl62
    Caryl62 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - what a wonderful idea for group support.

My name is Carol and I have about 10lbs to lose. I'm turning 50 later this year and have always been relatively slim and active but my metabolism seems to have ground to a halt. Under the suggestion of my nutritionist - I only eat lean proteins, vegetables and good fats to see if that will counteract my insulin resistance.

Good luck to all!:happy:
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm Maria and I'm 24 years old. I was 170lbs at my heaviest and joined MFP at 123 almost a year ago. I worked out fabulously for me and I got down to 109lbs by Thanksgiving. Then I kinda got carried away by the holidays and whatnot and gained some. I was back down to 111 by March 1st but went off the deep end and put on 12lbs in 2 months. So now I'm trying to get down to 109 again :)
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Kim. I am for Missouri and a nurse I joined my fitness pal 2 days ago. I love a challenge so that is why I wanted to join the 10 lb challenge in 6 weeks. So far I like the accountabilty and the tracking it makes me think about what I am eating. Thisa life style change and has to be to make the weight loss for life.