Got my #'s but still have a question :)

Options
Lovesummer3473
Lovesummer3473 Posts: 22 Member
So I went to that scooby website and calculated my numbers. I'm female, 39, 154lb's 5'4" and it calculated my numbers to be BMR 1436, TDEE 2226 and daily cal's to lose .9 a week (with a 20% reduction) is 1781. I changed my protein to 30, carbs to 40, fat to 30, fiber to 30% and sodium to 2500. I'm just wondering on my workout days when I wear my heart rate monitor. Do I want to add any more calories in my day on those days when I burn anywhere between 400 to 700 calories? I only wear it when I work out so those numbers would be specific to my workouts. I would like to lose 20lb's. I have some good muscle on my body but a layer of fat that is hiding it. I've been struggling to lose these last 20lb's for over a year. But I haven't been consistant with my eating and exercising. So obviously that has to be consistant. I think the biggest reason for my inconsistancy is the fact that I don't see any results so out of frustration I give up. So I'm really hoping that these changes will bring me some results and keep me moving forward to my goal. Thanks for any advice. P.S. I did try looking though posts but just couldn't find my answer so sorry if this question has been asked before (but not by me). Thanks again :)

Replies

• natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Eat 1781 every day. If you exercise and your burn is more than 345 calories then you need to eat more calories that day to reach your BMR of 1436. If you find that you constantly have to eat more to net your BMR you may have your cut calories set too low. You may want to start with a 15% cut from your TDEE, I hope this makes sense. I have only been in this group for about 6 weeks. Best of luck on your goals.
  • Lovesummer3473
    Options
    Eat 1781 every day. If you exercise and your burn is more than 345 calories then you need to eat more calories that day to reach your BMR of 1436. If you find that you constantly have to eat more to net your BMR you may have your cut calories set too low. You may want to start with a 15% cut from your TDEE, I hope this makes sense. I have only been in this group for about 6 weeks. Best of luck on your goals.

How did you figure that out and what brings you to those numbers? Sorry I'm trying to figure this all out and I probably over think things. I just want to see results for once :)

Thanks for your advice :)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    YOu take your cut number and subtract the calories burned from your workout, if it gets below you your BMR then you eat more calories to take you at least back up to your BMR.
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify, you need to make sure that you net more than your BMR. For you that means if your TDEE cut (1781) minus exercise is less than your BMR (1436), then you need to eat more. Another way to look at it is if you exercise more than 356 (1781-1436), then you need to eat more so that your net calories are over your BMR (1436).

Hope that helps.
  • Lovesummer3473
    Options
    Wow that was easy :) See I think too hard to try and figure it out ;) Uffda!! Thank you!!
  • Lovesummer3473
    Options
    Ok so one more question I want to add in more calories each day that I work out where my burn is over 356?
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Ok so one more question I want to add in more calories each day that I work out where my burn is over 356?

if you burn more than your 356 then eat them back until your over your BMR. If you consistently do this though you might wanna rethink your activity level as you might need to go up a level.
  • Lovesummer3473
    Options
    So I was thinking last night regarding these responses. That Scooby site already factors in my workouts. I choose moderatly active 3-5 days a week working out. So I shouldn't necessarily add in any calories. But when I have a really high burn day like say maybe 700 calories do I want to add in calories and if so how much?

• Lovesummer3473
    Options
    I posted a question a couple of days ago questioning whether or not to add calories back in after a workout and some people responded yes. But when I calculated my numbers I including working out 3 to 5 days a week so just wondering if I would want to keep my calories the same considering the site calculated them based on my workout.

Thanks again :)