Tdee or at tdee-15% where did u start and see success?

Options
giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
I started at -15% tdee and have gone up and down about 3 lbs in the past 3 months but now I am on the up I am trying to eat now at my actual tdee then do a cut in about 8 weeks I don't know of I can handle it mentally especially with pool season here but I guess I will see.... Anyone else start out like me without doing a full metabolism reset then decide to do one ? And if so did u see results ?
My stats

27 yo
5 2 1/2
134.4lbs
Tdee 2169
Tdee -15% 1840
Circuit traIn 3 days a week with weights 20-30 min
Cardio 3 days a week circuit like 20-30 min
Please check out my diary for any advice

Replies

• jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Hey girl...I just posted about that! :smile: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/611890-don-t-make-this-blunder
    I don't have any results yet, but like I said in my post...Do the reset with confidence because that's exactly the step you missed!
  • tlhorsley
    tlhorsley Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am interesting in seeing some replies here.

I started NROL4W 12 weeks ago and was eating as the book suggested -15% TDEE. First 4 weeks I saw some great results, the following 8 weeks...nothing.

So this past weekend I did a lot of reading, joined this group and decided to give it a go and start eating at TDEE every day even as, like some have said, it scares me with it being swimsuit season. BUT what I was doing was not working so...here we go!!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Looks like there are going to be quite a few of us doing this reset together. I also missed this step and the weightloss has been gradually grinding to a halt.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    I am another one new to it and scary thoughts ...Scooby seems to calculate what I must have been missing,,I have stalled aafter a loss of 33 lbs...:)
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I was eating around my BMR and losing less than .5lb a week. Mind you have about 60lbs to lose. I checked out a few sites - frogfitness.com, fat2fitradio.com and NROL4W calorie calculation excel file *this should be in the NROL4W group* After that I determined I should be eating 2235 calories a week, the next 2-3 weeks I lost 2lbs. I have to readjust again but doing your homework pays off!
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I did that too. I ate at TDEE-10% for about 8 weeks (gained 3 lbs in the first week) but instead of lowering my cals to -15% I decided to up them to full TDEE 2 weeks ago. I had read one of Kiki's posts saying that she did it the long way. That she would have gone to full TDEE if she had to do it over. So i didnt want to waste more time. I gained another 3 lbs after upping agian but will keep at it for another 6 weeks and then I'll see. I've been on a low cal for a long time so I want to take my time and do this right. With summer coming, it's tough cause nothing is fitting as it should. Thank goodness for summer dresses!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I did that too. I ate at TDEE-10% for about 8 weeks (gained 3 lbs in the first week) but instead of lowering my cals to -15% I decided to up them to full TDEE 2 weeks ago. I had read one of Kiki's posts saying that she did it the long way. That she would have gone to full TDEE if she had to do it over. So i didnt want to waste more time. I gained another 3 lbs after upping agian but will keep at it for another 6 weeks and then I'll see. I've been on a low cal for a long time so I want to take my time and do this right. With summer coming, it's tough cause nothing is fitting as it should. Thank goodness for summer dresses!
    Girl I feel you and the dresses! As Kiki said, "They should be mandatory!" LOL! I haven't even tried on jeans since I started 3 weeks ago. I know I'd feel awful if they were snug. Only bad part...thigh rubbing in the heat. I'm a size 6 and they still rub when it's hot. UGH!!
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Since I was not really in a starvation mode, I didn't go for a full metabolism reset...I'm in my 5th week and don't have any kind of results...Since most of people here have results on 6th to 8th week, I'll stay on track. Then I shall see if I up my calories to my TDEE.
  • elodea
    elodea Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I didn't start out coming from a very low calorie diet so I am not doing a full reset either. It's been about 4 weeks and my weight has stayed the same since about the end of week one. I have increased both my activity and my exercise. Trying to stay patient for a few more weeks. At least I'm not gaining and I plan on checking my measurements at the end of this month..
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I did not do a reset and I have lost 4 lbs in 4 weeks.
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    i have decided not to do tdee reset either.. I'll do diet break from time to time. This is lifestyle I am doing, not to lose weight.. I need my body to get used to it then I hope to work on my body (getting leaner, etc)
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I thought I was doing my TDEE, but had my activity too low. I had lost about 2 pounds.and a few inches in 3 weeks, but I was starving. So I redid my activity level and now I am satisfied and dropped another pound. I will do this for 4 more weeks and then cut.
  • CampinGal34
    CampinGal34 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories +6 wks ago (1260 to 1800) and I have not had any changes, scale or inches. So, today I decided to start a "reset" and try that way for several weeks (they say 8, but man that is a long time!! ;O) and then lower back down to my cut. I'm hoping this is the answer for me since I've been plateaued for at least 7 months *SIGH* Anyone feel free to add me if you want to do this together.....I need someone to hold my hand and not let me give up when that scale starts moving in the other direction!!!! Yikes!