Introductions!

Options
mrsrobbo85
mrsrobbo85 Posts: 42 Member
Hey, thanks for setting up the group!

I'm Laura, from York in the UK and started my first 30DS on June 1st. I do some cardio already.. volleyball once a week and running twice a week but no strength training at all.

Think this is going to hurt.. so the more we can support each other the better!

Lots of love x

Replies

• arlenejudith
    arlenejudith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Howdy, my name is Arlene. I started the 30 DS yesterday. I'm really excited about this group and having other people on the same boat as me to motivate me through this next month!
  • Jensaystoyou
    Options
    I'm Jen, I'm 27 and I live in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia in the U.S. (No, it isn't all hillbillies.)

I am a second grade teacher and I have the summer off and can't think of a better time to really get intense about getting fit and losing weight. I am fortunate to work with a competing female body builder who is also a clean eater and crazy healthy. She worked me up a diet plan to follow while I get myself in shape. :)

I am combining the 30DS with Leslie Sansone's Walk Fit 5 Really Big Miles. (I am only doings miles 1, 3 and 5.) I will be doing the shred 5 days a week and walking 6 with one off day.

Can't wait to see everyone's results! :)
  • emelypoynter
    Options
    Hello! My name is Melissa and I am also just started 30 day shred (may27th). I am a mom of two little ones; 5 yr old son and 3 yr old daughter. I am still nursing a parachute injury to my foot. I have a torn ATFL, but that isn't going to stop me! I can't run right now, even though I love to do it :( But to keep up my cardio I spin pretty much everyday!
  • kdavis82508
    kdavis82508 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Kelly. I am currently 255. Goal 160. I started at 275. I lost 20 pounds doing ripped in 30. I am hoping for same results. I am currently on day 3 of week 1. I work out 6 days a week
  • JJPT
    JJPT Posts: 69
    Options
    Hey! I haven't decided if I'm going to wait to the first to actually start.. I'm 25, just started getting back into strength training, but I'm really quite horribly out of shape. Hopefully not for long!
  • mrsrobbo85
    Options
    Hey! I haven't decided if I'm going to wait to the first to actually start.. I'm 25, just started getting back into strength training, but I'm really quite horribly out of shape. Hopefully not for long!

I just ordered the DVD today so hopefully it will arrive in time.. if it's here early i'll start as soon as possible! x
  • emelypoynter
    Options

I just ordered the DVD today so hopefully it will arrive in time.. if it's here early i'll start as soon as possible! x

I got the instant stream from amazon for 4.99 and I just sit my lap top in front of me with the volume way up for now :)
  • JJPT
    Options

I got the instant stream from amazon for 4.99 and I just sit my lap top in front of me with the volume way up for now :)

Nice! I might try it tonight and see what I'm in for... :D
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm Claire, I'm 20 and from Oxford in the UK :smile:
    I'm currently 152 and hoping to get to around 130.
    I'm new to the Eat More to Weigh Less regime and feeling good so far :drinker:

I walk around 2 miles a day and do Zumba on my Wii Fit.
    I'm going to start on June 1st because I ordered the DVD today so hopefully it will get here just in time :happy:
    I also have an elliptical cross trainer arriving in 3 weeks!

Hope I see some results - nice to meet everyone :flowerforyou: xox
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hiya I'm Sarah from just outside Glasgow, Scotland, I started on friday, I also cycle and swim :) Currently 240 got a way to go yet cant wait to get to Onederland!
  • stampinmama
    stampinmama Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi! I am MaryMargaret, a 40 YO vegetarian mom of 3 young kids from Upstate NY (not NYC). I am not overly active, enjoy walking, but don't do it more than maybe once per week. LOVE to garden... and have just about completed my spring planting (60 tomato plants!!, eggplant, spinach, kolrabi, beets, swiss chard, basil, onions, garlic, strawberries, watermelon, pumpkin, carrots, radish, lots of different lettuces, spinach, peas, several different beans, peppers, nasturtium, and various other flowers) We have two main gardens 45x 90 feet and 60x60 feet. We also raise chickens.

I currently weigh 140 and am looking to lose about 10-15 lbs - but have been at it for about 8 weeks and only lost about 3 lbs!!! Started the 30DS back in April, but had to stop b/c I had wrist surgery in beginning of May. Think that by June 1st, I will be able to do everything but the pushups. I will modify in some way and add them when my wrist is strong enough.

The 30DS is pretty intense.... but I found last time that by a few days in, I was feeling stronger and actually added a few extra minutes to the workout to increase the calorie burn. Can't wait to see the results everyone touts with this program!
  • Jensaystoyou
    Options
    Hiya I'm Sarah from just outside Glasgow, Scotland, I started on friday, I also cycle and swim :) Currently 240 got a way to go yet cant wait to get to Onederland!

I am DYING to get to Onederland! lol Can't wait to get there!! We can do it!
  • caitlindrew422
    caitlindrew422 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Caitlin. I just found this group today as I was seeking some motivation for 30 DS. I actually started 2 days ago so today will be day 3 for me, but I'm hoping I can still be part of your group!!
    So a little about me...well I just turned 29 I have two kids ages 4 & 5. Weight has been a lifelong struggle for me. I am 5'4" and weigh 190 as of today, I just started MFP a week ago and even though I have been tracking and exercising somehow I managed to gain 3 lbs. this week. I am hoping it is because of the TOM and muscle and water retention from beginning 30 DS. I am going to do my measurements this evening so I can have something else to go by.
    I am so excited to join this group and meet some people that I can help motivate, as well as have somebody to get through this journey with. I will send you all friend requests, if that is okay.

Good luck to us all, I think that we can all do it! Yay!!!!!
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey guys- I hope you don't mind if I tag along. I am doing the 30 day shred a little differently. I just finished physical therapy for my left shoulder and knee. I did the 30 day shred 2 days ago and I am now just recovering in my arms. I am trying to do this workout at least 3 times a week (not everyday bc I don't want to re-injure my shoulder). It sucks so tonight is day 2 for me. I hoping to continue this process and build up to being able to do it everyday and progress to two levels and so on. Very ambitious but I am starting a little slower. My calves also locked up on me the day after so I think 3X a week will be the max due to plantar faciitis and some mean charlie horses that sneak up on me even with stretching and yoga :-(. Either way, I know I can do this because I wasn't half as sore as when I first attempted the DVD over 2 years ago (yes it's been sitting on my shelf that long)!
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would love to join this group. I started 30ds yesterday. I also started c25k on a few days ago. I am 5'4 and weigh 187lbs. My goal is 140 lbs. I have three kids ages 20, 11 and 9. I've gaining and losing the same 20 lbs for the past 3 years. I'm really ready to get to a healthy weight and lifestyle.

I look forward to all the support we can offer one another. :flowerforyou:
  • JJPT
    Options
    Welcome to those f you just joining! Can't wait to hear how it goes! :D
  • allifitforthe5
    allifitforthe5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Allison from Nanaimo, BC, Canada. 31 years old, mother of a one year old and Sales/Marketing Manager for web development firm. I started the shred on May 31 with a bunch of ladies from my May 2011 baby group and I'm looking for support from as many sources as possible. I'm notorious for giving up on fitness plans too soon.

I just have the one little guy, but he started walking when he turned 1 last month, so it's .time for mommy to get back in shape so I can keep up with him. Plus I have bridesmaid duty in August and I'd like to look good and feel confident in the dress.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • toxicmikki
    toxicmikki Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Sherri from Southern California. I started the 30DS at the beginning of May and quit about L2D2. I started over again today with L1D1 and plan on sticking with it this time. I think having the support of the other members of this group will be just the thing to help me stay on track this time! Good luck everyone!
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kristin, from southern Maine. Currently 190, SW 211 (early Feb on MFP), original SW 240. Hoping to start 30DS tonight, as I am going to do the instant streaming from Amazon. Hoping it'll be what I need to kick me into gear!!!
  • mrsrobbo85
    Options
    Welcome everyone just joining us.. Keep us posted on how you're getting on! X