Finished my first c25k run....

Options
Im_NotPerfect
Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
And I survived! :) Although...do I really call it a "run" since I technically walked more?? I need to make sure I stretch more though, my legs were SUPER tight from not exercising over the weekend!

Replies

• Snapdragons3
    Snapdragons3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I did my first day on Sunday and hope to do day 2 today. I'm calling it a run since it was more running than I've done in years. :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    If you ran, it's a run :) Congrats!!
  • ChanceyRose
    ChanceyRose Posts: 30
    Options
    I did my first run yesterday. Felt great afterwards! I'm a little sore this morning -- quads, hips, calves -- but not a bad as I thought. I'm looking forward to my next run tomorrow.

Geez. Did I just say I was looking forward to running?!
  • Snapdragons3
    Snapdragons3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did my first run yesterday. Felt great afterwards! I'm a little sore this morning -- quads, hips, calves -- but not a bad as I thought. I'm looking forward to my next run tomorrow.

Geez. Did I just say I was looking forward to running?!

I said the same thing yesterday!! :)
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options
    I'm already feeling sore (hips and quads) but I'm definately looking forward to thursday! Tomorrow I'll either walk the same route (which is about 3 miles) or ride my recumbent stationary bike for 30 minutes. I think I need just stretch better before going out. I DID stretch afterwards though.

And I know how you feeling...looking forward to RUNNING?? :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/611432-running-technique-is-making-it-so-much-easier

Check out the post above, there's some good info on technique. Your hips shouldn't hurt when you run. Also, there is a lot of evidence that stretching before running doesn't actually prevent injury or soreness, but it's totally up to you :)
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options
    Thanks Secret! I'm going to try to make some of these adjustments! My hips don't hurt DURING running, they're just tightening up afterwards. So, hopefully some of these adjustments help. Thanks again!