HELP!

Options
MrsKosal
MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
I've been eating at TDEE for about 6-8 weeks and all I am doing is maintaining. I'm not losing anything. Not sure if maybe I need to adjust something? Any thoughts?

Replies

• autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    From what I have been reading today about the metabolism reset....Once you have eaten your TDEE amount for 8wks you should then do the cut amount of -15%....Try this out....

And these links:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/612353-metabolism-reset-eating-at-tdee-support-thread?page=1#posts-8810194

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/611890-don-t-make-this-blunder?hl=blunder

I hope these help you out!! :)
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    I just confused everyone....sorry! I've been eating at my CUT for 6-8 weeks. Maybe I need to readjust it since I haven't been working out as heavily as I was when I originally calculated it.
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on maintaining for 6-8 weeks while eating higher calories. Remember that is really awesome.

Maybe your activity level is higher than you estimated. I say that because I bet your first thought is to lower your calories. But, you probably should do just the opposite. What are your weekly workouts?
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    I've been off my normal schedule, so right now I've been doing 3 days lifting, and 2 days of cardio classes w/ weights on some of the cardio days.
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've been off my normal schedule, so right now I've been doing 3 days lifting, and 2 days of cardio classes w/ weights on some of the cardio days.

I'm not sure what your original activity estimate was, but it looks to me like you're now between moderate to strenuous activity level. Maybe redo your numbers based on your current activity level and see what you come up with.

Also, I know you said the scale hasn't moved, but have you lost inches? Are you clothes feeling differently? If you've gained muscle, then the scale may not change, but you may look smaller. Just a thought.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    how low were your cals before upping them? and how long did you you eat that amount?

Kiki
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    I eat minimum calories at my BMR and the most calories I eat is my cut (TDEE minus 15%)