Introductions!

Options

Replies

• zevnick
    zevnick Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I'm Marcy, I would love to take these ren pounds off!! I go back and forth woth 170 and 175, any suggestions or help would be great! I am a nighttime eater and cerel at that. Thanks everybody for letting me join this group.
  • rszalley
    rszalley Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi ... I'm Rae, and I blame Darin for my being here. :)

I started using MFP a while back, and found it pretty easy to see what I'm doing but it wasn't motivating enough. The last couple of weeks I've kicked it up a notch by having a fitbit tracking just what kind of work I'm doing all day and seeing a nutritionist.

I'm hoping with the added bonus of this group and working at an outdoor music festival the final days of our challenge I'll kick butt and take names in this challenge.
  • tsn1020
    tsn1020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I was encouraged by a friend to start MFP. Once I logged on and saw all the success stories really got me motivated to do something. I am looking for some great workout videos or techniques, so please recommend ANYTHING! Losing 10 lbs is a good start for me, as I tend to be a long term thinker which can get me discouraged really fast.

Ten lbs is a good start!
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    HI everyone! I'm Adriana. 29 with about 30 lbs to lose. I'm 5'5 and at 156 (as of this morning). Excited for the challenge!
  • ldg323
    ldg323 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm Linda and and my short term goal is 35 lbs. My goal for the next 6 weeks is 10lbs! And so thainkful for the challenge!!

Hope to see more of all of you!
  • mpankratz79
    mpankratz79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello From nowhere land of Fort Irwin, CA. I am an ARMY wife and mama to 2 beautiful kiddos. I am 33 years old and looking to put myself firs this year. Trying to make healthy choice, so my kiddos will do the same. I am so thankful for a wonderful hubby who love to work out with me and does not complain about what is cooked. Can't wait to lose these next 10 pounds.
  • kimodonovan
    kimodonovan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Kim from Cork, Ireland. I'm 36 in August. Had my first baby and weight went up. I'm usually happy enough at around 11 stone, but my brother had a heart attack at 40, so need to get healthier. I have 7lb to lose to get to 11 stone, but now plan to get to 10 stone 7 pounds. Hopefully this challenge will give me a boost, as I've really got lazy over the month of May.
  • leezanicole
    leezanicole Posts: 96
    Options
    Hey Everyone! My name is Leeza, 26 years old. I have been on MFP for awhile, its a great tool. I've lost 30 pounds so far and am looking to lose more! I'm currently at 182, my height is 5'4. This challenge will definitely help me push harder for the ultimate goal! My goal weight is to be between 140-150. So lets see how much close this challenge gets me to my goals!
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    hello! Adjoa from London, currently at a rate of a 1lb a week so losing 6lbs is realistic but ofcourse 10lbs would be awesome, heard that the last 10 are harder to lose so we'll see how it goes!
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello From IN Im Shaunte and Im 26 Ill be 27 July 28th...I going to to go for the whole 10lbs
  • jaylynn232
    jaylynn232 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a PhD student and mother of 1. I have the summer off and think it would be a perfect time to make a dent in the 30some pounds I want to lose. This is a great way to start. I look forward to talking with you all.
  • jegizzy
    jegizzy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jenny and I'm from lancashire England, I'm 27 and I've nearly been married a year. It's been a very happy first year and probably how this extra stone crept on!!! I'm hoping that joining this group will give me the extra incentive to stick to my weekly goals. Please free to add me, I'm wanting to gain friends on here for added support :-)
  • Carrie704
    Carrie704 Posts: 176
    Options
    Hi! I'm Carrie and I have yo-yoed these same 10 pounds for over a year. I'm dealing with a lot of medical churn so it is playing a role in the regain. I'm hoping this is the last time I lose this 10 pounds so I can move on with loss and live in this maintenance zone I've always dreamed of.
    I wish all of you luck and hope we all meet our goals! I'd scream of joy from the rooftop if I lost this 10 pounds!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is bikinisuited as I really want to lose the last 10 pounds! This is the perfect challenge for me to get serious in reaching maintenance mode!
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey all :-) I'm claire - really happy to be a part of this group :-)

Really need some motivation, I set up and started a 30DS group at the beginning of the month but two days in suffered a wrist injury which made it impossible to do any of the weights sit ups/press ups so I've just plateaued this month.

But NO MORE!! looking forward to kicking those 10lb to THE CURB!
  • Aletea
    Aletea Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi, I'm Meg

I have 10lbs to lose (was 5lbs but I've revised my goal!) bringing me to 135lbs at 5ft8.

I can't really exercise due to my health so it's all diet related which makes it a bit harder!
  • minimary16
    minimary16 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

My name is Mary, I'm 24 years old and I live in Quebec, Canada and I'm sorry if my english is not as good as yours... I usually speak french!

I'm 5ft0 (my boyfriend says I'm 4ft11 but I swear I'm 5!!!) and two years ago, I've lost 27 pounds. Since then, I moved in my appartement with the love of my life and I regain 15 pounds in a year. (it was so nice to finally eat what I want when I want... even if what I wanted wasn't really good....

I've been watching my every meal and exercising a lot in the past 3 week. I now have 10 pounds left to lose and I think this group is going to be the perfect one for me (as soon as I saw «10 lbs Challenge» in the list of groups, I totally freak out and said : «that's it !! That's my group» .... ok i didn't say it out loud... but still was thinking about it !)

Seriously, what's better than a challenge to motivate me to lose what's left to lose ?!
    I'm looking forward to succeed once again.

Wish you all the best of luck !
  • ctiginger09
    ctiginger09 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Taylor. I'm 21 and I leave for Navy bootcamp in October. I've lost 30lbs since last May and I would like to get down to 150lbs by October. I also want my body fat percent below 30%. I've struggled with my size since middle school, when I did weight watchers for the first time. I was content with my weight back in September, but then the navy basically told me that I have to lose weight so that made me self conscious all over again. So during my whole enlistment process, I've always been right on the fence of being "too fat" to join. So I want my weight down so I won't have to get taped (measured) ever again! For the navy my weight has to be below 174lbs, so not far to go with that, but I'd like mine a lot lower. I want to feel confident with myself for once.
  • Sambina32
    Sambina32 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Sam and I would love to loose the last 10lbs and July sounds like a perfect date to achieve that goal. I usually give up by the 2nd week of a diet/exercise this time Im sticking to it, also following a CLEAN DIET.
  • supermumincanada
    supermumincanada Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Alison, from the UK.This challenge came at the right time for me, as I have 10 lbs left to lose. Have been on this journey since third week in January and am very proud of myself,lol. Good luck to everybody.