What 1 thing can you change this week?

Options
lkellandmay
lkellandmay Posts: 121 Member
What one thing can you change this week to help you achieve your goal?

I know I have been buying (and eating) ju-jubes. It woudln't be so bad if I just had one or 2 but I eat the whole container.
My goal this week is to have a container of carrot sticks handy to munch on rather than popping a handful of ju-jubes in my mouth.
I think if I have peeled and cut veggies to eat, I will eat them rather than going for the sweets.i think I eat them just out of boredom more than anything.

what will you do this week to get you and keep you on track?

~laura

Replies

• mssurles
    mssurles Posts: 9
    Options
    My one thing I can change this week is to give the sweets a rest starting tomorrow. I've had a bad sweet tooth for the past 2 months and it seems even though I am trying to lose weight and struggling with it every day having sweets is a bad habit and Im willing to kick the habit this week. Who knows if i can do it for this week i might can strive to do it another week.
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make sure I drink at least one litre of water on top of my usual consumption - I tend to slack off and feel the worse for wear the following day.
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am making myself a priority. The main way to do that is to make time for my exercise. So often I let all of the obligations of work, family, etc... derail me from getting that me time in. This week I will get back into my exercise routine. :)
  • delmc1
    delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    beer is gone ,my target is not to drink for June .which is going to be very hard as Ireland has made euro finals for first time since 1988 and i'm a football nut
  • lkellandmay
    lkellandmay Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Great ideas everyone... Eating fewer sweets, drinking more water and less beer will certainly make losing weight easier I hope. :drinker: go Ireland!
  • rockinrelish27
    rockinrelish27 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ill be uping my water intake for sure and no late night snacking :noway:
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Im going to try my best to be smoke free by friday.
    I have cutt down alot but Im going to kick the habbitt for once and all.
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    DarinGettingHawtin2013 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic idea - kind of a weekly lent or something.

It's too late for me to give up soda (I'll do that next week), so this week, I"ll focus on water intake as well.
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    DarinGettingHawtin2013 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Im going to try my best to be smoke free by friday.
    I have cutt down alot but Im going to kick the habbitt for once and all.

Maybe cutting down first should be the initial goal.... that way you won't feel like you "failed" if you don't completely kick the habit by the end of the week? My friends who have quit said that halving the number week by week made it easier than a cold-turkey deal.
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Drinking more water! I am no where near the minimum of 8 cups a day, so I want to do at least that this week!
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    beer is gone ,my target is not to drink for June .which is going to be very hard as Ireland has made euro finals for first time since 1988 and i'm a football nut

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!! My flags are up and have just about decked the kids out in full tricolour for the summer - I'm off alcohol too so you're not alone :happy:
  • mpankratz79
    mpankratz79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Only natural sweet this week ie fruits and veggies.
  • Nurseingu
    Nurseingu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Starting back in the gym tomorrow!!! Going straight from work. Works out better that way. Going home first tends to slow me down and things come up that kind of get in the way of my workout. I would start today but it's a 16 hour work day!!
  • kimodonovan
    kimodonovan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My one thing I can change this week is to give the sweets a rest starting tomorrow. I've had a bad sweet tooth for the past 2 months and it seems even though I am trying to lose weight and struggling with it every day having sweets is a bad habit and Im willing to kick the habit this week. Who knows if i can do it for this week i might can strive to do it another week.

mssurles, I'm going to copy you in this challenge - sweets are now the enemy!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    No coffee at work! A tough one!!!!!
  • desperateloser1
    Options
    Drinking more water, i used to drnk alot of water before i gained weight maybe thats kinda the reason i gained weight . I also need to cut out peanuts or should i say mixed nuts , i have a weakness for them. whenever i get a hold of them i eat the whole container and i think they are the main reason i am where i am. This week is dedicated to those two things.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Gonna try to NOT eat sweets. This will be hard for me!!! I love sweets.
  • ddiana21
    ddiana21 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    im not a fan of vegetables..so i will try to have some with my meals..
  • Slim2fitit
    Slim2fitit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am going for 3 meals,NO snacks!
  • helen8297
    helen8297 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm going to track everything, everyday! simple as that, because i have been such a slacker!