putting ourselves first

TaraGriffiths
TaraGriffiths Posts: 1 Member
I know it is hard to put ourselves first but at times we have to make sure that is a priority. I am one of the ones that this is the hardest thing for me to do. I am a mother of six kids and they and my huband come first as well as many other things, house, yard, family, friends, ect..ect... ect. I did notice that when I did spend the time to put my self first and worked out I felt alot better. I am back to feeling tired all the time and nothing is seeming to get done like I would like. Something needs to change and I know what it is I need to put myself first. It is not being selfish. If you don't take care of you, you can not take care of others properly either. So lets all take at least 30 mins every day this week for ourselves and do something that we need like excersising or reading a good book something for yourself. Here is to good mental health. :love:

Replies

• Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    I know what you mean. When I feel super stressed and tired, and I go to the Gym or for a run I feel way better.
  • trishyo5
    trishyo5 Posts: 12 Member
    It is so important to take time for ourselves!! It took me many years to figure this out, but you aren't any good to anyone if you taking care of yourself. I think you become a better parent and a better partner when you take time to take care of you. Definitely will do that this week!! I know it's harder for you will small children but so worth it in the long run!!:flowerforyou:
  • tobias1216
    tobias1216 Posts: 5 Member
    On the other side of the fence I am a mom transitioning to empty nest and have absolutely no clue what to do with myself. All of these years I have had such demands on me and kept up with it all. Now, blah, I don't go to lunch with the girls, nothing. I work, play some tennis at the local athletic club, and stay home. Sometimes I go grocery shopping but better yet I send my husband out. I grow much produce in my city lot size backyard. I hope I grow out of this phase and certainly should have planned and made habit of some type of certain socialization at least each month if not once a week. The oncoming generations are said to be strongly self directed, I certainly would like to have some of that skill right now. The sooner a habit is made of self care the better life is enhanced. T.