Do y'all count the carbs in your vitamins?

Options
peasantgirly
peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
I am trying to stay at 20 carbs/day but my vitamins are 8! I take several supplements but the two offenders are glucosamine (3g x 2) and my probiotic (1g x 2). I can't stop taking either one. Anybody know of a carb-free brand of either?

Replies

• hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Although we don't take the same supplements I have started logging them. Mostly for tracking purposes. But mine have no carbs so not an issue here.
  • peasantgirly
    Options
    I guess I need to go to the health food store and start reading labels.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I have some over-the-counter supplements that Im ordered to take on top of prescriptions.. I dont worry about posting them because they are a prescription from the doctors who either ordered them or recommended them... for me I take them but dont track them
  • Chokis
    Chokis Posts: 131
    Options
    I started tracking my vitamins and supplements, and only a couple of them have carb count. They also add calories to my daily calorie intake.
    I'm pretty sure you can find vitamins with less carbs. 8 sounds like a lot!
  • peasantgirly
    Options
    I started tracking my vitamins and supplements, and only a couple of them have carb count. They also add calories to my daily calorie intake.
    I'm pretty sure you can find vitamins with less carbs. 8 sounds like a lot!

I've been able to cut it in half by swapping my glucosamine brand with a family member's, and when it runs out I'll find an even better brand. I've seen some online with zero carbs. Thank goodness! It's very de-motivating to try to stay under 20 and have almost half of them go to your vitamins.