New Rules of Weight lifting for Women

Options
MrsKosal
MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
Ok....anyone starting this book soon? I just purchased it from Ebay a couple minutes ago and would love to share in the process once I get it. I normally lift with my husband, but now that we've had schedule changes I'll be lifting alone. So I got the book! I'm excited to try it!

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I am about to start it!...

Oh wait...wrong equipment :(

I feel left out haha
  • Fairieluv77
    Fairieluv77 Posts: 95
    Options
    Just started Stage 1 yesterday! The book is a great read. Very well written. I figured I'd be bored to death but I really enjoyed it.
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    There is a NROL4W group - lots of info and others beginning the programme!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w-
  • ouandi
    ouandi Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I just started reading the book a few days ago. It's quite boring to me but it's got good info. I will start soon. Hopefully sometime this week or Monday of next.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Lillydlc!!! I'll head that way!
  • niccig03
    niccig03 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm starting today. I'm doing it at home and will have to substitute dumbbells for the barbell until grad school starts again in the Fall and I can use the college gym.
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Already read it, currently on Stage 2 of the workout. Moving on to Stage 3 next week.
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just started my first workout today. The book makes a lot of sense!! The workout part is super confusing, I am an avid weight lifter, but they put the info in such a confusing manner. I got a lot of good info from the posts on this web site. The workout was very basic and short. We will see if I am sore tomorrow. Good luck with the program.
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    On the process of reading it. Thanks for the link to the group. I think I'll have questions or need support :-)
  • TikiTanya
    TikiTanya Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on my third week and really feeling like it is hitting some muscles I am not used to working! Excited to see where it leads me. Reducing my cardio has taken some adjusting, I am so used to long workouts with lots of cardio.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 3 stage 1..... So far loving it :)

Question for you all.......are you at light or moderate activity setting while doing NROLFW ? Thanks
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Im about halfway through Stage 1. Loving it so far. I cant believe how far Ive come in three weeks!
  • paxier
    paxier Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Are any of you doing this at home? Just wondering what equipment you need, or if its best to do it at the gym. Thanks!
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Are any of you doing this at home? Just wondering what equipment you need, or if its best to do it at the gym. Thanks!

I have been wondering the too, my book turned up today so I will read it soon :smile:
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting in the next week or two after I'm finished with JM Body Revlution.

I'm doing it at the gym and have signed up with a Trainer for my "free" session to get acquainted with the "weight area".

I'll think I'll check out the "group" mentioned too.

Good Luck Everyone!
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I am about to start it!...

Oh wait...wrong equipment :(

I feel left out haha

Hey Mike,
    As far as I understand its basically the same for men ...its very much the same as his original book "New Rules of Lifting".
    So why dont you get that one and start it too! :bigsmile:
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am currently in week 3 of Jamie Eason's 12 week live fit program. I love it because it has helped me get use to lifting and the different weight training exercises.

While doing Jamie's program I am reading NROL4W and will start it once I finish this program.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am about halfway through stage one in NROLW
  • CleanandLean33
    Options
    I'm just about to start... Realised there are options so I can do it at home til I get brave :-) first lift tonight! :-))))