doing well, but pondering maintenance - help, please? :)

Options
elly1979
elly1979 Posts: 79 Member
Hello all,

I'm really happy 11 days into this. My weight had been hovering around 163 for about a month when I decided to come here and try this method. I just upped my cals to 1900 (based on a new TDEE - 15%) 2 days ago.

I was at 163 when I came here11 days ago, netting 600-800 calories some days.

I'd been eating at VLC with spikes (between 1000 and 1500 a day, with 'cheat' days spiking me to 2000-2250) for about 2 months. The worst offending days, with the nets of 600-800 calories, were only since May 1 with a cardio circuit program (and when I noticed the plateauing and came here). Since March 2012, I've lost around 12 pounds.

Since I am not a lifelong VLC diet offender, I am not sure if going to a maintenance eat is appropriate for me.

In the 11 days since I started, my weight has stabilized at around 161 (so 2 pounds less than I was plateauing at). I've been doing NROWLFW for 4 workouts now (1.5 weeks). My clothing still feels good, my bloat is gone.

I read someone say Kiki had advised them their body might think the TDEE - 15% is maintenance, and to go up. I'm not sure what I should do. I'm very happy here. My weight has stabilized, with no further drops.

YOu may want to know my stats for more info, they are:
weight: 161
height: 5' 2.5"
TDEE: 2250
Cut: 1900

What my average week is like (now):
NROWLFW - 3x per week
20 mins cardio workout (e.g callinetics) - 1x per week
approx. 45 mins each *day* of light walking (e.g. to and from car, shopping, wandering around)
At work (4.5 hours a day in chair) I sit on a ball, not a chair :)

*considering* adding 30-45 mins of a higher intensity cardio (e.g. zumba) 1x per week

---

So bottom line: I'm eating my cut (15%). I'm a little afraid this will stall me. But given I didn't eat VLC for years (before all this, I was eating 'intuitively' and maintaining my weight) I'm not sure the metabolic reset is necessary.

Appreciate any and all opinions :) I love checking in at this forum every day!

Replies

• naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've upped my cals twice in 10 weeks. I'm at TDEE now since I've been restricting myself for a long while. Plus, I want my body to understand this is maintenance so that my cut won't be too low. It's really a personal choice to go to TDEE. But, I would say to give it a full 4-6 weeks to see what happens. If you don't lose weight or inches, then you need to up your cals....especially if you're going to add more exercise...Go to TDEE for a few weeks then cut again and see what happens. I'm a newbie too, so I hope others will give you more advise :-)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I agree with the pp. you might wanna go to your TDEE for a few weeks and then make the cut

A few weeks more wont change anything.

I am resetting my metabolism now too, but I have tortured my body for way to long with low cals.
  • elly1979
    elly1979 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you, both :)

It's nice to not feel such anxiety about upping it and just see how that rolls. It feels like it gives me more flexibility with working out, too (throwing in more cardio if/when I feel moved to do so)