Where do you buy your clothes??

Options
2»

Replies

• kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    I buy most of my tops at Citi Trends and online at Old Navy. Have gotten a few from TJ Maxx and Fashion Bug lately. Bras I get from different places...really just depends. Underwear comes mostly from Victoria Secret...I love their 5 for $25 and then grab a few from places like Walmart. I pretty much only wear Apple Bottom jeans (love the way they fit my body shape), so I get those from mostly Citi Trends and TJ Maxx....much cheaper than buying online.
  • KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bras I get from Lane Bryant, very expensive but lasts for years. Pantries I get from Target or who ever has a sale. Clothes mostly from the thrift store or Ashley Stewart. I love thrifting, it is hard sometimes being my size 20 on top 24 tall on bottom. Oh I also shop QVC. Love their easy pay.
  • ColleenPosley
    Options
    I buy bras from JMS.com (Just My Size). If you have a Catherine's near you, they'll do a free bra fitting for you, and they sell way many styles of bras.

Underpants and panties are also at Catherine's, but The Avenue has cuter patterns if you're interested.

I buy men's shirts. Hear me out: at Catherine's and Lane Bryant, women's clothes tend to have 8 or 10 stitches per inch along the seams, where men's shirts have 12 to 14 stitches per inch - that means fewer blow-outs along the seams. A woman's linen shirt in my size cost nearly $100, but a men's shirt cost $40. (WTF is up with THAT, by the way?!?) And many women's shirts are sheer and meant to be layered which I don't like to do, where a men's shirt is just meant to be worn as a shirt.

As for pants...I make my own. I have me a big ol' butt and long, long legs. Not an off-the-rack kind of fit, I can tell you.
  • ColleenPosley
    Options
    Plus should I wait til I lose weight to start buying clothes or buy them now? Even tho i don't have the money to do so..

Yes, make sure you have clothing that fits you even if you're planning to lose weight. It doesn't all have to be haute couture, but you should like the way it feels to wear, the way it looks on you, and the way you feel wearing it - being comfortable actually makes an enormous difference in the way you feel day-to-day.

I'm in the same boat and I don't have LOADS of clothes (nor the money with which to create an entire closet full of outfits). I just a couple pairs of pants, a couple pairs of shorts and a few shirts. But everything I wear fits me because otherwise I feel constricted or like a slob.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and I don't have LOADS of clothes (nor the money with which to create an entire closet full of outfits). I just a couple pairs of pants, a couple pairs of shorts and a few shirts. But everything I wear fits me because otherwise I feel constricted or like a slob.

this!! i just last week reached out to my mom and asked for money for new clothes after a fashion intervention at work - and spent about $275. I got 3 bras that lift and put things where they should, and shows i have a waist, two nice pairs of pants and one pair of jeans, and 3 new well fitting shirts, and two new suck it in panties..lol I went to Catherines and had a $15 off coupon for $75 dollar purchase, everything in store was 30% off AND I renewed my store savings perk card for 25 or 35 dollars, that paid for itself because it takes everything down another 10% in price.

WELL worth it!! my shirts were too long and flowy now..and making me look super huge..and my pants were baggy and the crotches hanging too low now that my belly isnt so big..and the boobs...well..........yeah what a big difference!! I started with a bra fitting and once I had the right bra EVERYTHING looked better. I went from a 5x/6x to a solid 4 x petite in everything and bra size went down a cup size from DD to D.

I still hate the double chins and the big belly but I know there is a big improvement and a year from now it will be a HUGE change!! I even splurged $87 for eyebrows/good hair cut/highlites this week to go with the new clothes. SUCH a positive feeling. I feel good, look better, and people I barely know are coming up to me and whispering "I just have to ask,are you losing weight???" like in the break room at work..people I walk past every day...but not I can see their heads turns and they take a second glance. SO empowering!!!

with what i just got + stuff i bought last summer and never wore but held on too cuz it was too small I am set for a while, but I will definately update EVERYTHING in another 50 lbs or so.
  • dorothyharden
    dorothyharden Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well I am a girly girl and I buy most of my stuff from Nordstrom. They have a great selection online but I prefer the store, HSN has some nice DKNY stuff you can order online. You can find great deals in the store and when you buy stuff on sale it is as inexpensive as the discount stores.
  • divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Get mine from Lane Bryant had to add an extender to make them fit but it gives you and extra few inches in the back which works. And the extenders are something like 10 bucks for a pack of 3.

Lane Bryant will have bra sales but its usually buy 2 or 3 to get the deals.

This is the one I usually get super comfy. Swear I have almost gone to bed in the sucker cause I forget I have it on and I am a girl who will take them off the minute I get home but not this one.
    http://www.lanebryant.com/cacique-plus-size-sexy-bras-intimate-apparel/bras/no-wire-bras/cotton-no-wire-bra/4043c4044c117p31347/index.pro
  • faith99436
    faith99436 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    burlington coat factory has a good assortment and i found some great deals on clearance racks! we have a lane bryant outlet store close to where i live and that is a great place to shop especially the clearance rack! my mom has bought stuff from woman within but make sure you take your measurements before ordering as a lot of their stuff tends to run bigger or at least that has been her experience which is good for me cuz i inherit the items that are too big for her!
  • Brandification
    Brandification Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I buy a lot of my clothes from Torrid. It's not a cheap store by any means, so I usually stick to the clearance section.
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I buy almost all my clothes from Lane Bryant they have some killer deals the price will look high but they have amazing coupons like $25 off of 50 & 75 off of 150 its really cool hubby normally comes with me and help me shop and the ladies love him and give him an employee discount got to love having a cute flirty hubby every once in a while lol