cutting body fat

Options
I am 5' 2 and currently 127 lbs. My current bmi is 23 and I would like to get down to 15-18%. I am weight training and doing cardio and I feel myself getting stronger. I am wondering if anyone has some tips on shedding this layer of fat from my body. I am working hard and I can feel my abs but cant see them. I want to be lean and ripped and I am willing to work for it. I am trying to follow the 40/40/20 plan but I am not seeing the weight come off. I know muscle weighs more then fat but what do I need to tweak so that I can lower my bmi. Any info is greatly appreciated

Replies

• veronica_0920
    veronica_0920 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    40/40/20 works really well if you've calculated the right number of calories and are eating the right kinds of foods... maybe look at the sources of your macros? That can be a huge thing .... atleast for me it can :@)
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    BMI and body fat percentage are different things but you have used them interchangeably so I don't know where to begin.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am currently working out three days a week with kettlebells and have dropped 1.5% body fat in six weeks. I'm following 40/40/20 and weigh 122lbs. at 5' 6. Don't know if that helps or not but it's worked for me. Good luck. :smile:
  • AllDayMzAmberJ
    AllDayMzAmberJ Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Blonde71 - what is the kettlebell routine you are following? I'm really interested in using them but have not found a good routine yet?
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hi Blonde71 - what is the kettlebell routine you are following? I'm really interested in using them but have not found a good routine yet?

Hi. I have a kettlebell that I bought from Target that's from Reebok, it came with a training DVD. I also have the book, "Kettlebell Training for Dummies" and that has a ton of great information as well as routines to use too. Hope that helps.