New to the group!!!

Options
Hey everyone I just wanted to put myself out there. I am new to the group I weigh 256 lbs and have a goal to lose 90-96 lbs. I started the year at 230 lbs and have since gained weight which is really not the direction I have wanted to be heading. The good thing is the summer is coming and it is the perfect opportunity to lose weight and get closer to my goal weight of 165. Anyways just wanted to comment and good luck to all on the weight loss goals!!!!

Replies

• kavarner21
    kavarner21 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am new to the group also.. I am right now 195 lbs i got up to 200 the largest i have ever been in my life.. i hate it.. i just want to lose 50lbs and feel a bit better about myself. my bigest problem is i LOVE food. its the greatest thing in the world lol... i saw ur pic are you in the Army? good luck with your weight loss, maybe we can encourage eachother.
  • Elliemage
    Elliemage Posts: 25
    Options
    Hello, and welcome! :)

I'm pretty new as well- my goals right now are to be about 125 or so by the end of the summer. I'm 143 now, so I think that's reasonable. kavarner21- I feel you on the food thing... I LOVE to eat! lol.

Good luck to both of you :)
  • rachaellynn91
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is Rachael and I am new to this group too I just want to be a healthier and happier person and live a healthy lifestyle. I just graduated with my Associates and now I want my Bachelors I have noticed that it seems to be a lot harder to eat healthy now that I have left high school and well 'grown up' I wish everyone here the best of luck!
  • lydialuke
    lydialuke Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lydia! I'm in college at Georgia Southern finishing up my B.A. in Writing and Linguistics. Food is one of my favorite things, of course. I found out about this site through my health teacher and I love it! I'm not trying to lose weight but want to be more fit and healthy. Having to log everything I eat and drink has put into perpective how much crap I load into my body everyday. Also looking for some good (cheap) recipes that are tasty and healthy.
  • rowingislove
    Options
    hey everybody!
    I've been on MFP for about a month now. I really wanted to join a group, just to get a little more encouragement as I try to reach my goal. I'm a rower at my college and my team is adding a lightweight category. Since I'm a little on the short side for a D1 rower, I've decided to go for it. I've lost a lot of the Freshman 15 I'd gained, but am struggling with the last few pounds. My goal is to end the summer at 133 lbs.

thanks!
    <3 sam
  • hnicole478
    hnicole478 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group and go to Valdosta State University! About to move into an apartment so I want to have this to keep me in check! That university cafeteria was not the best options!
  • ClassicSlimBeauty
    Options
    Hello! I'm looking for some support through this group as well. I go to Colorado State University. I have lovely mountains on one side of me and the plains on the other, but unfortunately school keeps me so busy sometimes that I don't get to exercise a whole lot. I hope I can help you guys and you guys can help me get to where we need to be!
  • kmr0307
    kmr0307 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kristin and just joined this group, 22, graduating in the spring with my Bachelor's degree in Communication Disorders, planning on grad school for Master's in Speech Therapy or ABA Therapy for autism. Current weight is fluctuating between 132-134, trying to get down to 125. I use this website and sparkpeople. Exercising 5 days a week but also have fibromyalgia to contend with as well. Hope this group helps!
  • Naporch
    Naporch Posts: 2
    Options
    hello! im new to the group, i will be attending CALU of pa in the fall for PTA, and personal training to be a yoga instructor. i've been active my whole life with cheerleading, but my family already has TERRIBLE eating habits, fast food 3 times a week, and dairy queen 1 time a week, although for me its about 4 since i work there and have zero will power on my breaks. i'm not overweight now, i weight 140 right now ( im 5/3) and im hoping to get back to where i was a few years ago to 115, hope this group can help, since were all in the same boat for college! good luch to everybody!