Got my results...wanna tell me you think?

Options
It says TSH with reflex FT4. but only shows results saying TSH.... 0.85 ??

T3, Free... 2.98

She also did a CBC (total blood count work up) and all those are normal, but half of them on the low side.

Oh and I was told that I was having things like my potassium checked to...because it has been low...and it wasn't...guess I really do need a new doctor...one that will listen to me since I am the one paying her house payment with as much money as I am forking out! :tongue: :grumble:

I still don't feel right, yes I do have better days, and I can say that there have been improvements...but I am still constipated, still hair falling out and breaking, still wake up 1/2 of the time wanting to stay in bed, and still can't lose weight! I am getting agitated...lol. Any advice is welcome:)

Replies

• kagero1976
    kagero1976 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What are you on for thyroid medication? Synthroid? Armor? Something else? A doctor wouldn't increase your meds with a TSH of only .85. Most want to see it at at least a 1. They would interpret it maybe as too much thyroid medication. However, it didn't matter how low my TSH was when I was on Synthroid alone. I only got symptom relief when I was also taking some form of T3. I currently take Cytomel(synthetic T3). I think I will always be more tired than the normal person, but the T3 helped a lot. I actually have the energy to exercise now!

You also might want to ask for them to check your vitamin D levels. Those can also make you tired.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    I am only on synthroid...nothing else. I was supposed to have an entire work up, b levels, d levels, potassium, calcium....everything...but yet I have no results for any of those. ?? Thus the reason I am so frustrated....I feel very ignored.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I am only on synthroid...nothing else. I was supposed to have an entire work up, b levels, d levels, potassium, calcium....everything...but yet I have no results for any of those. ?? Thus the reason I am so frustrated....I feel very ignored.

Free T3 should be between 3.5 - 7.7. If your TSH is .85 that means you have plenty of T4. But since your T3 is low, you are not properly converting T4 to T3 - which is why you feel hypo. Tell your doctor that you want to be put on a medication with T3 - Cytomel is the synthetic T3 and Armour is the natural thyroid medicine that has both T3 & T4.

You need to make yourself heard by your doctor - you can always find another one that will listen.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options

Free T3 should be between 3.5 - 7.7. If your TSH is .85 that means you have plenty of T4. But since your T3 is low, you are not properly converting T4 to T3 - which is why you feel hypo. Tell your doctor that you want to be put on a medication with T3 - Cytomel is the synthetic T3 and Armour is the natural thyroid medicine that has both T3 & T4.

You need to make yourself heard by your doctor - you can always find another one that will listen.

I have started to make some calls to other area doctors...I am making consultations. I want to make sure there are going to listen before I give them my money.