June Goals and Challenges

Options
ThisisMiss
ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
I am wondering what everyone's goals are for the upcoming month. I've not lost anything in May because I've been going through a drinking phase. I am trying to get over it now because I really need to get this weight off. I gained maybe 5lbs in the month, but am back down again. Here are my own goals for the month:

+ I'd like to lose about 1.5lbs a week, but I'll be happy with just 1lb.
+ I am going to buy running shoes and start C25K. I think that may be the only cardio I'm going to do besides some kickboxing
+ More strength training (hence why I am okay with not losing 1.5lbs a week)
+ Go down one clothing size

Replies

• moonpony
    moonpony Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on wanting to lose 1.5 pounds a week, but I'll be ok with 1 lb. I really want 1.5 pounds per week because that would get me back to my pre pregnancy weight. My daughter will be 13 months old next week, so it's time to get rid of that weight and start working on getting rid of the rest of the weight I've put on in the past 10 years.

Also I'm going to shoot for 3 days a week of good workouts. I've been doing 2, but I think I could benefit from an additional session.
  • leslien30
    leslien30 Posts: 6
    Options
    I would love to lose 10lbs by the end of June, but am realistic enough to know that I will probably only lose 5lbs. I seem to be stuck at 9lbs this month, and it's very frustrating that I can't move beyond. So any help would be great.
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    2 goals for June:
    2kg weight loss (that's about 5 lb over month)
    Run 3 miles in under 30 minutes
    Given I'm just starting out I'm keeping it simple!
  • faylenechung
    faylenechung Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am having problems working out right now because the baby is keeping me up at night. I have only been getting 4 hours of sleep a night. Any suggestions from the Moms out there that have been through this would be awesome. Thanks.
  • tgwilson
    tgwilson Posts: 10
    Options
    I am hoping to lose 10 pounds in June. I have started the couch to 5k program this week and I hope that it will boost my weight loss. I haven't lost any weight the past few weeks. I am also trying out the zig zag calorie thing. Best of luck to all!!!
  • doulanik
    doulanik Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm just getting started with my weightloss journey so I'm starting out a little slow.

Goal #1: NO ADDED SUGAR. AT ALL. EVER. Sugar is my vice and once I start, I don't stop.
    Goal #2: Drink at least 5 bottles of water (or 80oz) of water daily.
    Goal #3: At least 90 minutes of hardcore cardio per week.
    Goal #4: Be in a smaller pant size by June 24th (Husband's company picnic).
    Goal #5: Stay motivated and don't fall off the wagon.
  • moonpony
    moonpony Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am having problems working out right now because the baby is keeping me up at night. I have only been getting 4 hours of sleep a night. Any suggestions from the Moms out there that have been through this would be awesome. Thanks.

I don't really have any suggestions for the sleep deprivation. For me I tried to go on walks on days I didn't have energy to do anything else. I know how hard that phase is as mine are only recenlty out of it. Please share anything that works as I know you aren't the only mom going through this. Good luck!
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You poor thing. Try just walking about carrying the kid. It's in the cardio exercises and burns loads of calories. More than pushing a push chair anyway. The sleep thing does get better, I promise!
  • miacatherine
    miacatherine Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I don't really have any suggestions for the sleep deprivation. For me I tried to go on walks on days I didn't have energy to do anything else. I know how hard that phase is as mine are only recenlty out of it. Please share anything that works as I know you aren't the only mom going through this. Good luck!

This, just moving at all, is better than nothing. Hell for me (pretty much sedentary the last 6 weeks of pregnancy, just deep cleaning the house is a cardio workout, but honestly, getting a walk in every day even when you're sleepy is great.