Herbalife newbie!

Options
MamaLeague
MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
Hi all, I am just starting my second week on Herbalife.

I am taking the multivitamin and cell activator. I also enjoy both the dutch chocolate and vanilla meal shakes. My favorite is the vanilla powder with a bit of chocolate and cheesecake pudding mix. I have the protein only powder, but have been adding it when I am lacking in protein for the day.

In the first two days I lost a pound, then gained it back, now am working to lose it again. How long did it take for you to notice a change?

My diary is open, I feel like I've done pretty well (except this last weekend...stupid holiday).

Replies

• MamaLeague
    Options
    Also, I find this program expensive. For the products listed above, it is $150 a month. I have heard that I can get the meal replacements off ebay for $102 for four canisters.

Can someone give me a price breakdown of the products I use?
    I think each of my two Formula 1 are $36?
    The protein powder was $40.

I'm just trying to save money, but also stay on program. Not sure where all my money went, lol!
  • Marne53
    Marne53 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I started the same way. I did do the pack to get the 25 % discount. I don't sell it, but the discount is great. Do you order online or do you have a coach at a local center? We seem to have one every 5 miles and the help is great. As for weight loss I lost 3.8 my first week. I lost just over 30 between April and Aug. last year then broke my ankle and was on bed rest and a wheel chair. I'm so excited to start this again...I know it works. Marne :flowerforyou:
  • MamaLeague
    Options
    That leaves me discouraged, I only saw a pound my first week! Welp, I'm working on rehydrating today, so we'll see.

I'm an everyday weigher, I don't log daily, but it holds me accountable.

I work with someone who sells the products, I don't know of any local centers.

I'm just hoping I'm getting the most bang for my buck, or if it would be cheaper to get the vitamins from him and the two months of powder off ebay.
  • rcm1973
    rcm1973 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up week 10 and have lost about 30 lbs (but I have a lot to lose). I followed my plan to a tee, except allowing myself one high calorie meal a week. I LOG here on MFP religiously. And I try to drink all my water (half my body weight in ounces). Do you know how many calories you're supposed to be consuming? And how much protein? The balance is very important. I also take supplements:
    Total Control
    Cell-U-Loss
    Cell Activator
    Flora Fiber
    Aloe in Mango flavor
    Multivitamin
    Herbal Tea
    I signed up online as a distributor just to get the 25% discount. I don't sell the products, but the discount is great.
  • MamaLeague
    Options
    Would it be cheaper for me to sign up? Are there any catches?

We calculated it so that I am eating 1400 calories per day, with 100g of protein.
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    . Yes it would be cheaper for you to sign up to be a distributor. There is no catches and the products are good.
    I am also new to the site and to Herbalife.. I just signed up about a week ago so i could get my 25% off
    I also log all the time on MFP and also do a journal at home so I don't forget what I ate.
    Look forward in being your buddy and support here on MFP..
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Do you not somehow get in trouble for not actually distributing? Do the people you signed up with not follow up with you or anything? 25% sounds good - you would think if they don't follow up with you or anything that they would take it away - else they might as well give everyone 25% discount.
    Don't get me wrong - I would like to do it too! But don't want to get into "trouble".
  • MamaLeague
    Options
    Exactly my concern as well, sweetpea. I know with...say Pampered Chef...you have to make a certain quota a month to stay active.

Could anyone tell me what my product costs would be if I signed up as a distributor?
  • Marne53
    Options
    I thought the same things ladies. I waited for 3 months before buying my starter kit. I purchased the "Quickstart" kit.
    1. Formula 1
    2. Concentrate Herbal Tea
    4. Multivitaman
    5. Cell Activator
    I also received a Large bag and a few booklets and bottons to wear.

It is not like Pampered Chef, Tupper Ware, Avon and any of the others.

I would check first with who you are buying from now, but it should be about the same set-up. In my new booklet is shows $104.50.
    I have never sold anything to anyone else and get the 25% off. After one year you will pay 15.00 to stay at that level. I have never got a call or letter pushing me to sell. My Daughter did the same and after she lost a lot of weight and many inches she had people asking her to help them. She now sells, but was never pressured to sell or sell more.

Any more questions let me know. Marne :flowerforyou:
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Exactly my concern as well, sweetpea. I know with...say Pampered Chef...you have to make a certain quota a month to stay active.

Could anyone tell me what my product costs would be if I signed up as a distributor?

I am a distributor and I get 50% off now but I offer 42% off to most of my clients. I'm not in this to make money I want to help people. We live in a small town and people can't afford it for long periods so I decided to offer them a discount. Herbalife says you can seel it for whatever you want so I'm not breaking any rules (at least I don't think so). I used to pay $45 for a canister of formula 1 and I just couldn't do it anymore so I decided to sell. I have a few clients so it helps me cut my cost by a little bit but nothing huge. Hope that helped. I also offer deals like the 4 canisters for $100. That might help you build your client list!
  • Marne53
    Options
    I thought the same things ladies. I waited for 3 months before buying my starter kit. I purchased the "Quickstart" kit.
    1. Formula 1
    2. Concentrate Herbal Tea
    4. Multivitaman
    5. Cell Activator
    I also received a Large bag and a few booklets and bottons to wear.

It is not like Pampered Chef, Tupper Ware, Avon and any of the others.

I would check first with who you are buying from now, but it should be about the same set-up. In my new booklet is shows $104.50.
    I have never sold anything to anyone else and get the 25% off. After one year you will pay 15.00 to stay at that level. I have never got a call or letter pushing me to sell. My Daughter did the same and after she lost a lot of weight and many inches she had people asking her to help them. She now sells, but was never pressured to sell or sell more.

Any more questions let me know. Marne :flowerforyou:

Forgot to tell you you will get the 25 % off on that order. I'm sure you will not be sorry
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Sweetpea7441 ,If you sell it to your clients for 25% off you just don't make money.. Most of the time I usually sel things at a 10-15% off this way I make alittle bit so I can buy my stuff for alittle less cost out of my pocket and I can stock up on things for advertising.. I am new but have sold other things and I hope to well with Herbalife.. If you would like to sign up just let someone know and they can help you sign up under them..
    Have a Great night and look forward in being a buddy of yours if you want..
    Kathy
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have lost 38 lbs. in 11 weeks but had half of my body weight that I want to lose.

I take the following every day:
    Cell-U-Loss
    Cell Activator
    Flora Fiber
    Thermobond (the distributor who helped my husband and I initially said her group refers to this as the "dieters' delight!" When i started using this, my weight began to come off a bit more quickly.)
    Aloe in Mango flavor
    Multivitamin
    Herbal Tea (peach is my fave!)
    Aminogen

We also have purchased the protein bars and soups and have been very pleased with the taste of them.

I used to take Sleep Now but it doesn't work as well as Ambien and Lunesta have for me and as a total insomniac, I really don't sleep without one of these. I know some who have had a lot of success with Sleep Now, though. Also, Snack Defense didn't help me much at all so I don't use it anymore. I, too, signed up online as a distributor just to get the 25% discount for my husband and me since we both use the products and were spending some serious cash within the first month. Neither of us has any desire to sell the products, either but haven't been pressured at all to make a certain quota, etc.

Also, I've had a myriad of health problems since 2004 and haven't felt this good in YEARS. :)
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Oh! Another perk to being a distributor is that in addition to the bag, etc. that was sent to us, we got several samples of products to try such as the protein bars and soup. That was a win-win right there for me! ;)
  • MamaLeague
    Options
    oooo tell me more of this thermobond...
  • JMarshall15
    Options
    I currently take the instant healthy meals for breakfast and lunch and add prolessa to my lunch shake, and i have been kind of cheating with my dinners, (high in fat but still in my calorie range) so bc I've been cheating i use thermobond too. Its supposed to help you feel fuller longer, and because of the high fiber content, it is supposed to help speed up digestion so you Don't absorb as much fat from the food.
    I have been on it 2 weeks now and lost about 6 pounds. (i have about 40 pounds i want to lose though so it will come off faster at first). I haven't really been able to work out recently either due to long hours at work, but i just started p90x today so i can speed up my weight loss :)
    I signed up to be a distributer because 3 of my friends are on it and they lost 35 lbs, 20lbs, and 15lbs respectively. The girl who lost 35 pounds gets the 50% discount by being a supervisor. Once you get the 50% discount, you have to send in a list of 10 customers to show you are selling, and keep up a certain amount of sales for the 50% and 42% discounts. This does NOT apply to the 25% and 35% discounts though! I signed up two weeks ago, and a friend at work wanted to try herbalife too, so with our two orders, i moved up to the 35% bracket already! it has definitely paid for itself :)
    I also offered my discount to my work friend, because i dont want to charge my friends extra money to help them out, but i can see where it would be easy to make money on this :)
    I say keep sticking to the program, and see what happens :) Im sure it will kick in soon!
    What supplements are you using? i just bought cell activator and total control as well, and i plan on getting cell-u-loss and snack defense with my next paycheck hahaha
  • volleymom14
    volleymom14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Angie Marne53's daughter :-)
    I have been on my healthy lifestyle change for just over a year now and have lost about 50lbs and over 60 inches! I feel great and see that I am looking good too.
    I owe a lot of my success to Herbalife. I started using the products and fell in love with them right away. I have a nutrition club close to me that I can go to and get support, advice and a shake. I have made a lot of great friends there. I having been going there every week for a weight loss challenge and have won money each time for losing weight and inches :-) I decided to sell Herbalife back in November to share my success and passion for the product. I have learned so much and am enjoying supporting others on their journey as well. If anyone has questions about the products let me know :-) We are all here to support each other.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    oooo tell me more of this thermobond...

Thermobond is what my upline calls the "cheat pill". It absorbs the fat in your food, It's wonderful. Also you mentioned getting products from Ebay, while it is cheaper the quality is not as great. I have heard stories of people not getting the product they thought they were getting for example someone ordered Apple Fiber and what they believe they really got was a container full of baking powder. All I can say on that is just be careful. Also signing up as a distributor is the best way to go you get an inital 25% off all orders and can work your way up to 50%. You don't have to buy or sell a certian amount to keep the 25% discount once you reach 50% you do however have to purchase 5,000 volume points per year. Talk with your coach about signing up.
  • MamaLeague
    Options
    Question.

Do you all eat back your exercise calories? My resting metabolism was calculated to be between 1200-1400 calories. Therefore, I am aiming for 1300. Now, If I go work out, and burn 400+ calories, that leaves my body running on 900 or less calories...this goes against EVERYTHING I've learned over the last few years. I've been eating my calories back just to net 1200...is this 'right'? What do you do?

If I am understanding my rep, I should be eating at 1200 and not eating back my calories...I'm not so sure I agree with that...but then again, I've only lost a pound in the last week...
  • volleymom14
    volleymom14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lnm130, I don't eat back my calories and have not over the last year. I try to burn the same amount of calories I eat in a day. That is what I have learned in my weight loss challenges and from my Herbalife coaches. I think that it is the same with anything that different wellness coaches might say different but this is what I have learned and it has worked very well for me :happy:
    How much protein are you getting in an average day?