Chalean Extreme

Options
SCPSL05
SCPSL05 Posts: 42 Member
Any one else also do CLX? I'm on my 2nd round of TF/ CLX hybrid. Hows it going for you? I love it!

Replies

• Btrfly2541
    Btrfly2541 Posts: 14
    Options
    That's my next purchase; but since I literally just opened the TF box a week ago it's going to be a while. I was very happy to see a hybrid program with the TF materials and plan to purchase the Xtreme workout when I'm nearing the end of TF.
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I completed Chalene Extreme a couple of weeks ago and
    really enjoyed. I am now doing Turbo Fire and ending my
    second week. I hope to do the hybrid next.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Lean phase of CLX. I do TF for my cardio. I have about 2.5 weeks left. I love it! I've seen great results. At this point, my plan is to do another round of CLX when I finish in a few weeks.
  • b_fit4life
    b_fit4life Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I also just started Turbo Fire about 2 weeks ago but am already planning to purchase CLX for when I'm done. I'm not sure yet if I'll do the hybrid right away or do full on CLX first, back to TF, then the hybrid...so many choices! haha
  • SCPSL05
    SCPSL05 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I also just started Turbo Fire about 2 weeks ago but am already planning to purchase CLX for when I'm done. I'm not sure yet if I'll do the hybrid right away or do full on CLX first, back to TF, then the hybrid...so many choices! haha

The cardio is boring IMO for CLX. Thats why I TF on my non CLX days and I just call it a hybrid. lol I dont actually follow the schedule. I did take a month off from TF once and did only CLX cardio and all. But went back to TF because well...I'm hooked!
  • Eldubya488
    Eldubya488 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've done one round of Chalean Extreme and am now combining the two with Jenelle's hybrid schedule and am loving it so far! What kind of results have you guys had for those of you who are doing the hybrid schedules??
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Currently on week 9 of TF, love the cardio, it is fun. What are the details of Chalean Extreme? I have been thinking of hitting the weight room at the gym and just continuing with TF as my cardio, maybe Chalean Extreme-TF hybrid at home would be a better option?
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing ChaLean Extreme 3 days a week and I run the other 4 days :)
    I love it.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Currently on week 9 of TF, love the cardio, it is fun. What are the details of Chalean Extreme? I have been thinking of hitting the weight room at the gym and just continuing with TF as my cardio, maybe Chalean Extreme-TF hybrid at home would be a better option?
    The CLX program is a 90 day program of 3 different phases...Burn, Push & Lean. Each of these phases has a different strength training plan that you do for 4 weeks before moving on to the next phase(or circuit). The schedule has you doing the strength exercises 3x a week with 2 other workouts that are cardio/intervals. I am currently doing my own hybrid. As long as I get the 3 days of strength in, I will do whatever cardio sounds good for the day. Sometimes its CLX, sometimes TurboFire, sometimes something else. The cardio/interval workouts that come with it are a little boring, well I like Burn it Off, but not Burn Intervals so much. Oh and there are a couple short ab exercises and a stretching routine too.
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The CLX program is a 90 day program of 3 different phases...Burn, Push & Lean. Each of these phases has a different strength training plan that you do for 4 weeks before moving on to the next phase(or circuit). The schedule has you doing the strength exercises 3x a week with 2 other workouts that are cardio/intervals. I am currently doing my own hybrid. As long as I get the 3 days of strength in, I will do whatever cardio sounds good for the day. Sometimes its CLX, sometimes TurboFire, sometimes something else. The cardio/interval workouts that come with it are a little boring, well I like Burn it Off, but not Burn Intervals so much. Oh and there are a couple short ab exercises and a stretching routine too.

Thank you for this information! I think I may stick with my idea of just doing my own strength training at the gym 3-4 days a week and Turbo Fire for cardio.
  • fourthirtyten
    Options
    I just found this group and I'm so glad I did! :-)

I have to agree with the hybrid not having a good amount of cardio mixed in. I want to recommend this schedule: http://soreyfitness.com/?p=524 - that my coach recommended to me. It's harder and has an even amount of cardio mixed in with the CLX work outs. I just started it this week and it's definitely a good work out because you're doing cardio and lifting!

Another coach I know has lost about 20 lbs doing this hybrid. :-) Apparently Jenelle constructed it.
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    So after much debate and changing my mind a million times, I think I am going to do the CLX and Turbo Fire Hybrid when I finish TF. I just love TF so much that I don't want to risk "not loving my workout" I think that I do eventually want to do Insanity, but I want to complete the whole Turbo Fire workout! The hybrid that Jenelle created looks awesome, I think I am going to try that!
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    So after much debate and changing my mind a million times, I think I am going to do the CLX and Turbo Fire Hybrid when I finish TF. I just love TF so much that I don't want to risk "not loving my workout" I think that I do eventually want to do Insanity, but I want to complete the whole Turbo Fire workout! The hybrid that Jenelle created looks awesome, I think I am going to try that!

I am going to try it as well Brooke. Today was day 1 of week 19 for me. So I should be starting the CLX/TF hybrid on June 18th. I am going to try Jenelle's hybrid.

I went back and forth between P90X (which I already have), NROLW (ordered the book, and CLX. NROLW seems great, but its easier for me to work out at home. P90X, well Tony is just boring! Lol! So I ordered CLX, I love Chalene and I'm sure she will continue to motivate me through the workouts.
  • LisaEileen
    LisaEileen Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I finished a round of TF last week and planned on doing a full schedule of CLX. Then, this morning, I decided I should do the hybrid schedule that's in back of the TF book. It has 3 weeks of Recovery workouts. I need opinions on whether those recovery weeks are important or not. I did start the schedule today with Stretch 40. But, then I saw the hybrid schedule posted above by someone and that looks like my speed. I'm worried about slowing down so much with those recovery weeks and gaining back weight that took me forever to lose. It took me 6 months to lose 20 pounds. I don't know what I should do? Any ideas?
  • ChristineandRoxy
    ChristineandRoxy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/576766-thank-you-chalean-johnson-pics

those are my results love love love it im doing turbofire right now so in 3 months there will be more result photots!!
  • Laura82NH
    Laura82NH Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Although I've already done (struggled through) P90X... I wanted to get into an early morning routine with something fun, and a little easier for the a.m. so I bought Turbo Jam. Chalene is awesome!!! I can't wait to do TF and Chalene Extreme in a few months. So much to look forward to =) These posts get me pumped. Thanks everyone!