was it an opps or planned?

Options
togobug
togobug Posts: 58 Member
We have been trying for a year now so ours was definitely planned but still didn't believe it at first lol

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Ours was semi-planned. I stopped taking birth control in October and got pregnant in February!
  • jooliem2001
    jooliem2001 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We've been trying for nearly 3 years - told that IVF was our best option due to our age (both just over 40). Anyway, we semi-gave up and been losing weight since January and I think that's what has helped us to finally get that elusive BFP!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Ours was planned but only took a month - so still a bit shocked! Not complaning though.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ours was an oops. I was on birth control but actually did not ovulate in the correct week. I ovulated during the week I was supposed to be on my period anf taking the placebo pill. Even though the lil peanut is unplanned he/she is not unwanted. We were planning on trying sometime next year. We are now just a year ahead of the game. lol
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Ours was planned, been trying since last June. So excited it's finally happened!!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Ours was planned too :)
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    With each pregnancy we had the "lets start trying" talk and got pregnant what seemed like the next day! Wish I could pass my fertility along to some who have trouble TTC.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    We stopped "trying" after a few months of no luck, then BAM! Pregant hahaha
    So I suppose that makes it planned :smile:
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Totally planned. Took 6 months, Temping, OPKs, Clomid, HSG crap, and finally when I went off all meds and stopped temping daily (only around expected O) did we get our BFP!
  • mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    our was an oops! my hubby had lost well over 80 lb and me just about 30 and here i am. My name is Diane and i am 31 weeks with a little girl.
    After losing weight and now a feel bigger then ever and i do not feel good about myself like i did. While my hubby is still losing i am gaining. I am not getting the complements like i was from the ones closest to me. My 3 year old daughter makes me feel better about my self though.
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Planned! Took 5 months and I'm so excited!
  • jessdeweerdt
    jessdeweerdt Posts: 128
    Options
    Definately planned.. We stopped birth control a year and half ago, my husband had back surgery last summer so before and after definately weren't exactly trying. I was starting to get discouraged and got ovulation test strips and the first month of using them, bam! I'm not having a lot of symptoms though, so it's hard to believe it's real. I thought I was soo ready, then I finally got a positive test, now I'm totally nervous about being a mom.. ahhh.. lol :D
  • shellsy0424
    shellsy0424 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ours was planned too. We were trying for about 3 cycles once I stopped breast feeding my son and my periods got a bit more regular. When BF'ding I was ovulating all over the place but once I stopped, I started ovulating around day 17 for two months. I was so shocked, even though we were trying because I thought it would take longer. It took like 2 years to conceive my son.
  • pcedano
    pcedano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    opps!! I was on the Nuva Ring for over a year and when I went to fill my March prescription I had an issue with my insurance so I got the ring a week after I was suppose to insert it. Really surprised that it happened so quickly.
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    An oops! I was on the NuvaRing and had JUST gotten back together with my ex fiancee, and a month into our reconciling BAM pregnant lol But I'm so excited for baby girl to get here and I wouldn't have it any other way :)
  • schmoozie26
    schmoozie26 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mine was an ops....a welcoming one though! :) We were going to start trying in July, so a few months ahead of schedule! I have two now and kept thinking..."When am I going to have one of those unexpected pregnancies" and then there it was!!! :) EDD 01/21/2013
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Ours was planned... Got off birth control in December and got pregnant in February! :)
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    This one was not planned. My youngest was under 5 months old when I found out I was pregnant again. AND I know the exact date I conceived as it was the one time we did not use protection. :blushing:
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    The 1st time I got pregnant it was the month after I casually stopped using birth control to "see what happens", so it was a shock. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage so we were left with a hole. I had one period afterwards as instructed and then got preggo again! I must admit, I noticed thick cervical mucus around the time I should be ovulating and shamelessly seduced DH!

mrs_deg1983/Diane - Keep your head up! You are growing a baby and will be back in shape in no time, just like all of us fit mamas!
  • dq1479
    dq1479 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My first son was planned. My second pregnancy was not planned. I was taking myself off of birth control so we could start trying at the end of this year. I was charting and apparently was off a week. Viola - I am pregnant with my second son due around the time we were going to start trying! :)