6 month post op visit today and NSV!

Options
I had my 6th month post op visit today! According to their scale I lost 104 pounds, my scale says 100. Everything else went pretty quickly.
I saw a friend that I haven't saw in a few weeks today. She said that my pants were too big. I told her that they weren't because I just recently started wearing 10's. She laughed and said I was wearing the wrong size. Later on I went to the store and got a whole bunch of size 8 pants just to try on and she was right they fit!! I couldn't believe that they fit. I had to buy some! I'm so excited I can wear single digit pants!! :-) My husband was less excited when he found out how much I spent but hey! :)

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    congratulations!
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    Forgot, I had a question...at my 3 month appt. my doctor talked about bounce back weight. At my 6 month appt. she didn't mention this again and said that she feels a good goal weight for me is 145. I will be there in another 20. But would I go below 145 for awhile in case my weight bounces back the 10-15 pounds like the doctor was talking about in the 3 month visit. Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I should have asked more about this at my appointment :-(
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :happy:
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what surgery you had, but for RNY I really do not believe in "bounceback" weight. To me it's weight we gain when we get lax in our eating. Plus after the honeymoon period we absorb more of our calories than we did during our losing phase. And the further out we get, the more we can eat. I gained 10 at the two year mark but it was the holidays and I ate too much. Period. I'm almost 4 years out now and back below my goal weight.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You are doing great!
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I had RNY. Laura that makes sense thanks for clearing it up for me!
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! Single digit sizes are so much fun! Congrats!
  • linguist98
    linguist98 Posts: 83
    Options
    I'm not sure what surgery you had, but for RNY I really do not believe in "bounceback" weight. To me it's weight we gain when we get lax in our eating. Plus after the honeymoon period we absorb more of our calories than we did during our losing phase. And the further out we get, the more we can eat. I gained 10 at the two year mark but it was the holidays and I ate too much. Period. I'm almost 4 years out now and back below my goal weight.

couldnt have said it better...its a change we must make for LIFE...not just unitl the weight comes off...