Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

CF WOD = Dog Tired?

aggiesrar05
aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
I really hope I'm not the only one that feels like this...

95% of the time after a WOD I'm dog tired to the point that I feel like all I want to do is collapse on the floor in utter exhaustion. Feelings of possibly vomiting sometimes there, sometimes not. Usually, I feel better after I cool down and eat/drink something but I'm still tired for the rest of the evening (our CF is at 7pm). The next morning, while I'm sore, energy is restored to normal.

My boyfriend however is different. He's worn out, but it shows as a feeling of happy euphoria almost like he's drunk. Once he crashes for that "high" he's exhausted and all he wants to do is sleep. His tiredness sometimes extends to the next morning, ie he says "my body is tired..."

Anyone else experience anything like this? Or are we just not in shape enough for CF?

Don't get me wrong, I love CF and think that I'll just get in better shape (and have already!!) Tired or not, not going to give up anytime soon!

Replies

• jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    I usually do collapse on the floor right after, but the exhaustion doesn't last past the cool down. Thank goodness, because I go at 7am and have a full schedule the rest of the day! Maybe it helps to keep active once you're done with CF for the day, and don't give in to the exhaustion until you get to bed?
  • smartcookie44
    smartcookie44 Posts: 3 Member
    I don't think it's crazy. I go at 5:30 AM and I'm usually super tired afterwards. But after I come home and have protein and shower, etc I start feeling a lot better. I do feel like my energy level is better on the days I CF and as I've been going longer, my muscle soreness is a lot less.

I do know that our trainer said it's key to get a lot of protein in that one-hour window after your workout. It helps your muscles recover faster. I do a whey protein shake with milk and it works for me.

And just as a disclaimer, I'm not super in shape- I'm usually the last one done in our group. But I am a lot less sore now that I'm doing the protein.
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Thanks to both of you!

@smartcookie44 - I've started getting in whey protein with chocolate milk after each WOD. I'm not nearly as sore as when I started CF 3 months ago, but that could also be due to more stretching and foam rolling.

@jennisance - Oh, I do keep active until it's bed time. For me being tired usually manifests as being grumpy and irritable, probably because I'm tired and still have stuff to do after that. At least I don't have any trouble sleeping :-)
  • rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    I will try the protein trick. I do get sore sometimes for 2 or 3 days after. Not always. Right now I can barely hobble because my thighs are on strike from my 100 wall balls, 25 box jumps, and 600 jump ropes, plus 30 lunges for warm up.

I'm like the boyfriend. Total euphoria. I notice I have to sleep in longer in the morning for my body to recover, and I need a hot bath to soak those muscles.

Then I'm good to go for some more pain. heh heh.
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    I'm starting to think I'm not working hard enough. I'm usually last to finish and will be sore the next day but I generally don't feel that tired for the rest of the day. I CrossFit in the morning and often run some errands right after. I don't eat anything right after.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    I feel exhausted traight after but it doesn't last long and then I feel pretty pumped and energetic for the rest of that day. I know its not becuase I don't push myself hard enough, I am the opposite I am so competative that I often push too hard and let my technique suffer. I generally don't get sore anymore unless its something I haven't done before or for ages. e.g. we did the Regionals WOD with the pistols on Monday morning... OMG soreness!!!