Hi,

These are my stats:-

Current weight = 141 lbs
Goal weight = 126 lbs
Body Fat percentage = 22.6%
BMR = 1470
TDEE = 1757
Daily Calories in MFP (15% less than TDEE) = 1494

I get the process but I don't know exactly WHAT I can eat? Please could you give me a list of acceptable foods and things to avoid like the plague?

Thanks

Kels

Replies

• goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i eat pretty much whatever i want. i do try to get my 5 aday and to also drink 4 litres of water (I know its more that the suggested).

Someone told me to set my macros to 40carbs/30 fat/30protein.............so i try to do the best i can with those guidelines

However i find a protein rich meal for tea works best for me.

Good luck

PS: nothing goes in my mouth until i've put it on my tracker :)

PS: sat here eating my afternoon snack of smoked salmon, light philadelphia and low carbs crackers....yum
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I do the same as golden girl does.
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Any thing of nutritional value, just try to hit your carb/fat/protein goals each day.

Take a look at my diary for ideas if you like. I eat fruits, veggies, nuts, meat, fish, etc.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    yep, if you are trying to hit those macro goals, you can't go too far wrong. browse through some diaries to get some specific ideas. many of them are open.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I eat a lot of full fat foods.

I try and stay away from processed foods, processed sugars ect and eat a clean diet as much as possible.

You can take a look at my diary to get sense of the things I eat.

Thanks!

Mike
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Current weight = 141 lbs
    Goal weight = 126 lbs
    BMR = 1470
    TDEE = 1757

I get the process but I don't know exactly WHAT I can eat? Please could you give me a list of acceptable foods and things to avoid like the plague?

Thanks

Kels

Hello, welcome to the group! First of all, I was thinking that your calories seem a bit low. What kind of workouts are you planning on doing? It is very important to choose the correct activity level, or again, you will end up undereating.

I think you will find the most success if you stick to foods that are nutrient-dense. A good macronutrient ratio would be 40/30/30 (carbs/fat/protein).

Foods I rely heavily on are lean meats, fruits, veggies, nut butters, healthy fats (coconut oil, olive oil, flax seed, nuts, etc.), greek yogurt, protein powder, whole grains, oatmeal. I try to keep my food fairly simple, and stay away from processed foods, refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup as much as possible, but do allow myself the occasional treat-however, I try to make my "treats" at home so I can control what goes into it. I think you will have the most success by keeping your diet as clean as possible. Think of eating "clean" about 80% of the time. Hope that helps!
  • newve
    newve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kels136
    kels136 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi,

Current weight = 141 lbs
    Goal weight = 126 lbs
    BMR = 1470
    TDEE = 1757

Thanks

Kels

Hello, welcome to the group! First of all, I was thinking that your calories seem a bit low. What kind of workouts are you planning on doing? It is very important to choose the correct activity level, or again, you will end up undereating.

I think you will find the most success if you stick to foods that are nutrient-dense. A good macronutrient ratio would be 40/30/30 (carbs/fat/protein).

Foods I rely heavily on are lean meats, fruits, veggies, nut butters, healthy fats (coconut oil, olive oil, flax seed, nuts, etc.), greek yogurt, protein powder, whole grains, oatmeal. I try to keep my food fairly simple, and stay away from processed foods, refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup as much as possible, but do allow myself the occasional treat-however, I try to make my "treats" at home so I can control what goes into it. I think you will have the most success by keeping your diet as clean as possible. Think of eating "clean" about 80% of the time. Hope that helps!

Thanks momofmyfiveki. I am currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and I have set my macros to 40 carbs 30 fat 30 protein.

Any suggestions on how to adjust my calorie intake? or is it looking okay with the exercise I do. I also walk 30 minutes every day.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Current weight = 141 lbs
    Goal weight = 126 lbs
    BMR = 1470
    TDEE = 1757

Thanks

Kels

Thanks momofmyfiveki. I am currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and I have set my macros to 40 carbs 30 fat 30 protein.

Any suggestions on how to adjust my calorie intake? or is it looking okay with the exercise I do. I also walk 30 minutes every day.

Are you using the scooby calculator?I would put "moderately active" as your activity level I think. I went ahead and ran your numbers. I wasnt sure how tall you were so I guessed and said 5'3" and 25 years old? I came up with a daily calorie goal of 1697. Heres the link to the website:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/