Newbie to Medifast. What Medifast foods do you like.

Options
Blech. I go to weigh in after week one tomorrow and I'm going to beg them to trade something else for the blueberry oatmeal. It's the one thing I absolutely could not even swallow. What's good? What's bad and why don't you like it? I hated the oatmeal because it had such an overly "sweet" artificial sweetener taste that it was actually metallic and bitter.

Thanks, everyone.

Replies

• weaglette
    weaglette Posts: 4
    Options
    After 4 weeks, these are my favorites:
    Bars: Peanut butter, caramel and s'mores
    Shakes (I make them all in the blender with lots of ice and add some splenda) Strawberry creme and orange creme. But all are pretty good.
    Crab soup if you add Old Bay.
    Chicken and rice soup is ok as is the chili.
    Southwest eggs. I make on the stove with a little olive oil and chop in broccoli or peppers as part of my green requirement.

Never again: any oatmeal. I spit out my first bite too. The crisps I didn't like either, had a heavy soy taste.

Haven't tried: pancakes. Sloppy Joe. Pudding.

Hope this helps.
  • littleredjd
    littleredjd Posts: 66
    Options
    The Medifast center I go to gladly trades packets. My go to foods are brownies, soft serve peanut butter, and dutch chocolate shakes. I mix soft serve peanut butter with 1/4 cup water to make a thick peanut butter consistency and then eat with celery.

I like other stuff, too. The SW eggs, the banana shake (made as a pancake....message me if you want more info on that), the pizza flavor medibites aren't bad. And, personally, I don't mind the soy crisps.

I do not like the soups at all. The bars make my stomach growl and churn because of the soy, so I use those very sparingly.
  • marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Going to have to third the thought on the Southwest eggs. I was extremely skeptical of powdered eggs but they are way better than I expected. You can even mix them in with real eggs if you want and they cook up just fine with a nice amount of flavor.

I hated the oatmeals and the soups so I can't recommend any of them.

My favorites: Cherry Pomegranate shake, Pizza Medibites, Chocolate Mint crunch bar (taste like Thin Mints),i Smore crunch bar, Chocolate Chip pancakes, and Mango soft serve.

I do have 1 or 2 of the Cherry pomegranate shakes a day and I recommend finding some go to bars or shakes since they are good daily staples for a few of your 5 meals that require no prep. This is after 4 months and trying everything in the catalog!
  • rosesandsuch
    rosesandsuch Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The dark chocolate antioxidant shake, brownies, chocolate chip pancakes, oatmeal raisin crunch bars, cheese pizza bites, and vegetarian sloppy joe's have been my favorites!!

I would avoid any of the oatmeal options, the mango soft serve, or any of the "juice" drinks. :)