Can someone help me get my macros in order?

Options
I changed my MFP settings to 60/35/5 for fat, protein, carb but I'm having a little bit of trouble getting them there. I need to up my protein and lower my fat and carbs. Any tips?

Replies

• AnyaArson
    AnyaArson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'll normally focus on eating a mostly protein food (like egg whites or a no-carb protein bar) and then adding a fat (like cheese, or heavy cream in my coffee). I try to make sure there are ~no carbs in what I'm eating, and they'll just add up anyways.

http://www.questproteinbar.com/ are like candy (I love the natural line), and http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/detour/leanmuscle.html peanut butter crunch is a dead ringer for a butterfinger.

Oh! And don't forget a heaping helping of your wonderful greens ^_^
  • nicoleinstages
    Options
    Thank you! that helps a ton, hahah
  • AnyaArson
    AnyaArson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    No problem! I've noticed that I can never get the puzzle pieces to fit when I start with something more complex, so I've taken to separating the components to fill in the gaps. I also eat eggs like they will go out of style...

Good luck!
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    No problem! I've noticed that I can never get the puzzle pieces to fit when I start with something more complex, so I've taken to separating the components to fill in the gaps. I also eat eggs like they will go out of style...

Good luck!

I'm seriously thinking about putting chickens in the yard......got to be cheaper !! :laugh:
  • nicoleinstages
    Options
    I always forget that I can have hard boiled eggs... genius!!!!
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Im having the same problem getting my fat vs protein ratio perfect also :(

I have up my egg consumption to 3 but my fat is a little to much still... sigh
  • nicoleinstages
    Options
    well for one, I'm not sure what my calorie limit should be. Secondly, I need to up my protein.
  • Masharitos
    Masharitos Posts: 106
    Options
    well for one, I'm not sure what my calorie limit should be. Secondly, I need to up my protein.

Try this calculator. It'll help with your marcos.
    http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/DietMakeupCalc.php
  • Masharitos
    Options
    I changed my MFP settings to 60/35/5 for fat, protein, carb but I'm having a little bit of trouble getting them there. I need to up my protein and lower my fat and carbs. Any tips?

How did you change the setting for the ratio? I haven't seen that option. Also, from what I've read/heard the ratio should be 65/30/5.

On MFP, I monitor cal, F, P C and Fiber because there isn't an option for net carbs. At the end of the say, I just subtract fiber from carbs and get my net. My intakes, as shown by that little pie chart, are within 2% of the goal. The carb always shows higher than my ideal 5% because they count fiber, which you aren't supposed to. I consume less than 10 per day.
  • nicoleinstages
    Options

How did you change the setting for the ratio? I haven't seen that option. Also, from what I've read/heard the ratio should be 65/30/5.

On MFP, I monitor cal, F, P C and Fiber because there isn't an option for net carbs. At the end of the say, I just subtract fiber from carbs and get my net. My intakes, as shown by that little pie chart, are within 2% of the goal. The carb always shows higher than my ideal 5% because they count fiber, which you aren't supposed to. I consume less than 10 per day.

In the settings, you click on custom instead of guided. I also have a script for google chrome that does the net carbs for me
  • Masharitos
    Options

In the settings, you click on custom instead of guided. I also have a script for google chrome that does the net carbs for me

After I posted that, I went on a hunt and found the script. But, I couldn't figure out how to install it for Firefox. I'll have a friend do it for me. Can't wait. I've been following my P F C and F and just doing the math at the end of the day. Can't wait until I get it working. It'll be the closest thing I'm having to sliced bread. Though my Flax Meal bread comes pretty close :laugh:
  • robynlynn815
    robynlynn815 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the script for net carbs!!! I got it here: http://cavemanketo.com/configuring-mfp/
    Makes it so easy :)