30 minutes, 30 days

Options
Absidey
Absidey Posts: 116 Member
So the goal is to be active every single day in June. I struggle with keeping myself moving on the days I don't go to the gym, and the less active I am on "rest" days, the harder it is to get myself TO the gym the rest of the time. When I'm committed to doing something everyday, even if it's something easy like a walk around the neighborhood or playing a Kinect game, everything else is easier too. It's easier to hit my eating targets, I sleep better, and I'm more motivated to really push it in my workouts.

I made this group to help keep me accountable and find others committed to building an active lifestyle. I'll be making a new thread each day in June for check-ins. Just post what up-and-mobile thing you did that day and for how long. I'm not going to keep a log or anything; you get out what you put in, so bring it!

Replies

• VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I totally here you on the accountability thing!
  • pamelaf2
    pamelaf2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Love the accountability, it will keep me on track I don't want to be the only one left out.
  • ilarrotta
    ilarrotta Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thank you for creating this group! I am extremely busy person but I want to "create" the time to take care of my body. I need some accountability, as I have always started exercising and then quit after few weeks! I want to persevere!
    So, hopefully we can keep it up!
    Good Luck everyone!
  • JessaAnn407
    JessaAnn407 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Accountability is the one thing I really struggle with. I think this is a great idea and it will definately help me out some! It is harder for me to stay active in the summer because I hate heat.. Even though I waitress I struggle to loose weight in the summer.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I love this idea, I hope you don't mind that I joined! I struggle with getting my workouts in on a busy schedule.

For June, my goal is to get in *some* type of workout every day - on the days where it's just flat out impossible (ie, I have to be at work early and then I have class in the evening) my goal will be to log at least 8 miles on my pedometer that day.

I'm looking forward to making this a great June!!!
  • kamckinley1
    kamckinley1 Posts: 17
    Options
    This is a great idea. I had to join. My name is Kayla. I am 20 yrs old 5'2 201 lbs.

I have a hard time getting up and motivated by myself. I don't have a gym membership because I just moved back home from school and now I am moving again at the end of this month (Can't afford a down payment + monthly if I will only be around for another few weeks!)

I WILL go for a walk or do some kind of onDemand exercise! Feel free to add me. I am really trying to get this weight loss rollin!!
  • long2hall
    long2hall Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds good - I am in! Like many of you I need accountability so, I am going to tell myself that if I miss exercising/posting even just one day in June you all will be really mad at me - ha!
  • Sambina32
    Sambina32 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im in starting tomorrow morning with a walk. Perfect timing too as I would love to be fit for summer..
  • jacqui250
    jacqui250 Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm up for this it's perfect timing :-)))
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    The timing and accountability on this make it perfect for me. Thanks to the group creator :-)
  • evalba
    evalba Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ready for the Challenge!! :))
  • missvaleriekay24
    missvaleriekay24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    im in
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Lets do this. :smile:
  • headqrtrs
    headqrtrs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have exercised every single day since April 30th. So hopefully this group will help me to stay active the month of June!
  • sxysantos
    sxysantos Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am ready..thanks for creating this group to keep me motivated!
  • Mary831331
    Mary831331 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group. I have been walking twice a day now for the past 3 days, so this is a perfect group for me. We are going to the beach in July, so I must keep up my walking in order to lose at least 10 lbs.
  • Ieasha35
    Ieasha35 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am definitely in because I do have an issue with staying motivated. Being that I am a mother of 4 I sometime lose track of time or I am to tired and the accountability will help keep me going and knowing that I have done something and logged it in for the day will show me and everyone that I am making progress. Good luck to you all!
  • anyahh
    anyahh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm in !
    I will post what I did later today.
    I did this in February for 26 days ( 90% ) and was so so proud of my self, lost weight and felt great.
  • anyahh
    anyahh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1 day gone...29 to go
    Walked 30 mins
  • oreliard
    oreliard Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie. Is there a challenge for
    July?