Where do you buy Virgin Coconut Oil?

Options
Hello ladies,

I keep reading about coconut oil here and I really want to try it out. I went to my local super market and couldn't find it in the oils or health food sections. Is it only sold at health food stores? Thanks!

Brenda

Replies

• kerrpe
    kerrpe Posts: 3
    Options
    Not always - my local big grocery carries it, but not the brand I like.
    I use Nutiva and get it at Whole Foods or Amazon.

The "miracle weight loss" theory didn't work for me, however.
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hi Brenda,
    I get it at my health food store. There are suppliers online that may be cheaper though.

Miracle weight loss... no such thing. But combined with the low carb/high protein diet it sure stopped my plateau. And that's hard to do when you're this close to goal. It has also helped me to feel so much better. I really do think the coconut oil has played a big part in my feeling better.

I just got back from the Dr. he said I can try going off the synthroid now!! Yay! I am going to continue to seek out things that are good for the thyroid & add kelp somehow (after I quit the meds).
  • BlueEyez117
    Options
    I found it at Walmart actually.... right beside the vegetable oil.
  • imagine76960306
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to check out whole foods. I'm not expecting a miracle but figured it couldn't hurt to add it to my diet considering it seems so healthy. Debby, is Kale supposed to be good for Hypothyroidism too?

Brenda
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Sorry, I don't know much about Kale. But if its in the cabbage family, it should be cooked.

I was really happy today, my Dr. gave a thumbs up for the virgin Coconut oil.:happy: