What Will You Do At Goal?

Options
I'm just curious. Do you plan to calorie count forever? Stay on MFP? Forget all this business and move on? I'm thinking that I'd like to get to a point someday where I no longer count every calorie (after I've successfully maintained for quite some time). I thought about researching to find a brand of blue jeans that have absolutely no stretch to them and using that as a guide so that I can quit obsessing over the scale at that point. I do think I'll stay on MFP. I have a lot of health goals - not just weight loss. I want to continue to improve in terms of fitness, running, strength training, etc...Plus I want to be hear so that I can be that success story that people need when they learn about EMTWL. What are your plans?

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    First day I hit my goal....I am going to the beach and flexin up at all the ladies....

haha

kidding...I will be on here supporting people still, promoting the lifestyle that helped me get to my goal.

And flexing up on the ladies.
  • nutritionwhiz
    nutritionwhiz Posts: 221
    Options
    I'm in it for the long haul - since I realize it could take me YEARS to reach my goal weight & body fat% goal. Took years to get here, figure it will take years to get to where I want to go. I have been increasing activity and reducing portions sizes for about the last 8 years but I never tracked calories so it will be interesting to see where I'm at after a year of consistent tracking.

I realized I needed to do something the day I realized I had 2 back fat rolls! I am down to 1 at this point but it has taken years to do that.

I also have fitness goals that I am working on - been working on using my body for resistance, but haven't even gotten to the point of being able to ask questions about strength training!

At this point I don't feel a healthy lifestyle has an end. So I plan to set mini-goals and keep truckin along so that I can continue to be healthy and active past retirement!

I'm so glad I found this group and also hope to be an inspiration to others.

Oh and being the hottest 80 yr old on the beach! While Mike flexes next to me! :laugh:
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I'm in it for the long haul - since I realize it could take me YEARS to reach my goal weight & body fat% goal. Took years to get here, figure it will take years to get to where I want to go. I have been increasing activity and reducing portions sizes for about the last 8 years but I never tracked calories so it will be interesting to see where I'm at after a year of consistent tracking.

I realized I needed to do something the day I realized I had 2 back fat rolls! I am down to 1 at this point but it has taken years to do that.

I also have fitness goals that I am working on - been working on using my body for resistance, but haven't even gotten to the point of being able to ask questions about strength training!

At this point I don't feel a healthy lifestyle has an end. So I plan to set mini-goals and keep truckin along so that I can continue to be healthy and active past retirement!

I'm so glad I found this group and also hope to be an inspiration to others.

Oh and being the hottest 80 yr old on the beach! While Mike flexes next to me! :laugh:

:glasses:
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Wow~ I thought this would be a no-brainer but you've really got me thinking.

First about my "Goal"~ it used to be a number on the scale, now I'm not so sure.
    It used to be to wear xyz clothes but I already dress pretty well.

And, like Mike, I'd like to look great on the beach~for my husband~ but would definitely sneak a peak at our Mikey!! But somehow, that's not so important now.

The more I'm thinking about it, I think the feeling the WELL-BEING that I've gotten since coming to EMTWL is the greatest thing I could ask for. LETTING GO of all the anxiety about food and evey microscopic thing that I ate and the SCALE, that freakin' low life controlling box of hate that it is!!!

I WILL BE FREE~ that's what I'll be.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I want to get to a point that I feel STRONG, my body is pretty toned, and I feel good. The numbers don't matter. I want to be fit so that I can try all sorts of athletic activities, and NOT have to count calories. I want to walk down the beach in a bikini and feel CONFIDENT!
  • saral8981
    saral8981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    First thing I am going to do when I meet my goal, is buy a bikini.

Then I am going to start some hardcore flexibility and strength training to keep the weight off . I think i will always use MFP or another site to keep me on track and healthy, because I never want to feel the way I do now ever again.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    pretty much everything I'm doing now - (I love life and do a lot of fun things) except for a few factors....I"ll be eating while I do it! Happier while I do it! Not tired while I do it! And, I'll be much more comfortable in my clothes while I do it!! :laugh:
  • saral8981
    saral8981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    How did you get the eat more to weigh less on your ticker?
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options

A few of us are moderators of this forum group. If you see the Eat More 2 Weigh Less on the ticker, then it's a moderator answering the question/posting. :smile:
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I will be going on a shopping spree!!

And I will be counting calories forever likely. When I stop keeping track of my food., that's when I gain.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

A few of us are moderators of this forum group. If you see the Eat More 2 Weigh Less on the ticker, then it's a moderator answering the question/posting. :smile:

OOPS!! I just downloaded it to a picture file then uploaded to my ticker.

I kinda like it~ like it's our "team shirt"........
  • shamrck44
    shamrck44 Posts: 91
    Options
    I will sign up for a Tough Mudder, when I can conqour that I know I have met my goal. Then I will look for the next challenge.
    I hopefully will have made a lifestyle change and won't need to change much to go from losing to maintaining.
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well, I reached my goal weight 3 years ago on Weight Watchers only to gain all my weight back and then some. Now I am within 5 pounds of my WW goal weight and I have to say many things are different this time around.
    1. Tracking on this site will ALWAYS be a part of my day. Even when I am at my goal, I need to know where I stand calorie wise.
    2. I look way better now from all the lifting then I ever did just losing weight. Weights will always be in my life!!
    3. I love all the help, friends and advice that this site offers (EM2WL).
    4. I am allowed to slip up and have a bad day, it is called life, but then you pick yourself up and get going!!
    5. I am focusing on my size rather than a number on the scale.
    6. Enjoy SHOPPING for a new wardrobe!!!
  • SexyMidnight
    SexyMidnight Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am 8 pounds from my goal and the first thing i am doing is getting a new tattoo to symbolize my friendship with my best friend and to symbolize how hard it was to lose 60lbs! these last pounds are hard to lose! the next thing is get on mfp upload new picture and celebrate with my friends on here!

Then i will go buy a bikini and show my husband! I will still do mfp bc it plays a big part in my support system! i have a family on here and i love them all and i wont to see them maintain and lose! I will also become a personal trainer my ultimate goal!
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal, I'm going streaking! :bigsmile:
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal, I'm going streaking! :bigsmile:

Streaking with Quie........through the quad To the gymnasium.......:drinker:
  • guava6982
    guava6982 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no idea. I don't even have a specific goal in mind at this point, although there are certain areas of my body that I'm not happy with, which is what keeps me searching for the right methods to be successful. Right now I'm just focusing on always challenging myself and trying to learn new things. For me it's less about weight loss and more about having a lifestyle where I feel healthy and happy. I see it as something that will constantly evolve as new research comes out, new workout programs, and as my life changes.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I havent even begun to fathom an end goal yet. Being overweight my entire life, the closest I ever got to "normal" was 5 years ago, being a size 14 before I got married.. after 5 years of losing 100 pounds on weight watchers..

So for me, I have a few goals.. first is to get under 200 pounds, I will celebrate.
    Next is to get back to what I was before kids.. 188 was the lowest number I have ever seen on my scale. I was a size 14, and I would love to see what different shape my body will take this time..
    Final goal.. no idea, but when I get there, I will be the one screaming from the rooftops about how fabulous I am:)
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't know.....hopefully I will stay there, thats my ultimate goal!!

I haven't really mentioned what I am doing to friends or family other than my Husband so I would like to use my progress/success to show and prove to quite a few people I know that they don't have to live that way.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am about 34 lbs from goal, which seems so daunting! But, I still plan to track in MFP at maintenance once I reach my goal just to always keep myself in check! I want to make it a healthy habit for life!