Hi everyone :))

Options
I'm new at MFP (you might have seen my intro on the main forums) but have tried a few times with prescription strength orlistat on Dr's recommendation.
I love my Dr. He's amazing but I'm still dubious as to whether they work. Plus I can't get used to taking them regularly... any hints or tips, problems or advice needed or offered - i'm open to any and all communications, it's just nice to be able to speak to other's on this treatment
:)) thanks guys xxxxxxx

Replies

• cjkerr125
    cjkerr125 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,

First things first, welcome and believe me you will use this site so much whilst on your weightloss journey. I can't live without it now.
    So ok you got your tablets. The main thing to note is your calories and fat allowance. If you haven't been advised, DO NOT take in anymore than 400 calories and 10 grammes of fat per meal. Believe me you will be stuck on the toilet if you do.
    I researched on the internet beforehand and found very little as to guidelines and tips etc so when I went for my first weigh in i went through the amount of Kcal and fat I was eating and my GP said the allowance was good.
    Basically I didn't have any side effects but that is because I stuck to it and took the tablets 3 times per day.
    Make sure you take your multi vitamins 2 hours after taking your Xenical purely because the Xenical blocks out anything getting into your system so taking at the same time is pointless and you are wasting your money.
    All I can say is stick to the Kcal and Fat and you will be fine.
    The first month I lost 16 lbs but i walk 5 miles a day to work and back and go on my Crazy fit machine everyday.
    I know it is a bind and dieting is sooooo boring but it is so worth it.
    If you have any questions please let me know I will help you as much as I possibly can.
    One thing is don't rely on the tablets. Dont' forget that it only blocks out 30% of fat which in a meal with little fat it is quite useless.
    Also my second month on the tablets I only lost 2lbs the whole month so totally gutted. Just remember it is you that does all the work.
    Since last week i'm not on the tablets due to them having manufacturing problems but I am taking Holland and Barrett triple strength Acai Berry tablets and in a week i have lost just short of 5lbs.
    I just can't stress enough about your kcal and fat per meal. It is so important not to go over that otherwise you will be ill.
    I really hope you do so well on them you.

If you would like to add me then please do so and we can keep each other informed of how we are doing

Carli x
  • ShellyPop
    ShellyPop Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi :)

I am new to this website too but already I think it is amazing!

I have been on Xenical for 2 weeks now and lost 10lbs :) it really does work, I think you just need to watch what you are eating and exercise also.

how are you both getting on with it now?

xx
  • kimberley_1
    kimberley_1 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site leeleeloulou and ShellyPop this is the best site on line and its even better when you get the free app on your phone :P

I was on orlistat before the shortage and was coming up to my one year and lost a LOT of weight with it unfortunately i wasn't prepared for it to stop with the shortage and put on some more weight but not all :)

what i found that helped me to take it was keep it in the kitchen were you prepare your food or even out on the work tops and keep some in your bag for when your out the house that really helped me and you can take it just before during or up to one hour after your meal.

I just heard a few days ago there back in stock im going to see if i can get back on it again but im not sure i can. good luck to you and you will lose if you eat well like cjkerr125 said :)