INFORMATION FOR WEEK 8

Options
Sheri869
Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
I'm just creating this - I will have info up sometime tomorrow with more details so everyone has "advanced notice" for next week.

I'm not as familiar with the "groups" part of MFP but I'm gonna give this a try thinking it might be easiest.

I'm gonna put up different "topics" for different cut-off of carbs/fiber - I would like every person still participating to post 1 or 2 recipes, meals, snack ideas etc. sometime between now and Sunday (the sooner the better) Pick one or 2 areas to post your ideas on. KEEP IT SIMPLE! I don't want big long elaborate recipes.

Many are having a hard time with this and people won't be eliminated this week due to it but next week it will be taken into consideration for eliminations (AGAIN, I will have more SPECIFIC info up sometime tomorrow HERE for next weeks challenge)...its just late and I want to get this going before work tomorrow)

We are ALL after the same goal here...to get healthier...so I want everyone to help each other...by posting dinner recipes or snack ideas, or just a plain store bought item that will help others come up with ideas for next week to help them accomplish this. in an appropriate "topic" (or however it works - hopefully make sense once I finish)

NEXT WEEK IS GOING TO BE ALL ABOUT PLANNING AHEAD!!!! For the week and your days!! Don't sell yourself short on calories cuz you have to lower your carbs in the evening...Plan your exercise out, plan your meals out, eat a good or heartier breakfast and lunch especially on days you have big workouts planned...etc.

This may be advice to get you through the next week on this carb challenge....but I can tell you...if you don't get in the habit of planning ahead and having some alternate plans when things go bad...it will be that much tougher for you to reach your goals... planning ahead keeps you on track! If you know you have a hectic week coming up...PLAN for it! If it just blindsides you...well try and plan for it...or be flexible to alter your plans...if you mess up....get back on track the next day...or the next week...don't let it get away from you though!

EASY to say TOUGH to do...but If you can...you will get to your goals that much quicker!

Anyway more info to come....

Replies

• phil4v7
    phil4v7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Here are a few store-bought snacks that I had originally thought might be ok for my after-workout carbs, but it looks like they're under the fiber requirement.

Vitalicious - Triple Chocolate Chunk Vitatop - 100 calories, 4 protein, 2 fat , 26 carbs, 9 fiber, 150 sodium
    Vitalicious - Apple Crumb Vitatop - 100 calories, 3 protein, 1 fat , 25 carbs, 8 fiber, 105 sodium
    Bob's Red Mill - High Fiber Oat Bran Hot Cereal - 150 calories, 7 protein, 2 fat , 27 carbs, 7 fiber, 0 sodium

Am I understanding correctly that eating them in the same snack with a fruit or veggie that added 1-3 fiber respectively would move them into the acceptable category?
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    You Are Correct!! That being as a "meal" if eaten togather and if your 1 thing has 9 fiber plus a cup of blackberries has like 8 fiber I think - (also carbs but they don't count) - you've got a meal/snack of 17 g of fiber....and whatever your carbs are (in that case, up to 35)

but everyone should plan their meal(dinner) vs. snacks after lunch wisely because that 35 will likely be the maximum allowed after lunch....other than fruits and veggies...remember those are unlimited

also remember in the slew of panick (if some of you are, though hopefully realizing its not so aweful after part way into this trial week) - though carbs may make you feel better after your workouts (as some said) and thats why some were less than thrilled...so does protein and most protein has little to no carbs. Try a piece of chicken, egg or fish etc....with some veggies...lose the high carb sauces...use low sodium seasonings instead to flavor it up.
  • tema47
    tema47 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome Phil that clarified that - I've been trying to find non vege high fibre complex carbs that fit into the challenges req's ( have had no luck. ) but by adding veges that def will make the fibre up...

I just want to double check Sheri because I slipped up on white potatoes this week (sorry thought they were OK) are sweet potatoes and corn acceptable, which are both starchy veges?