the best salad dressing....

Options
sicchi
sicchi Posts: 189 Member
Ok my low carb friends, got a challange for you.... With all these salads I am eating I am getting sick and tired of dressings. I need new ones and wondered if I cound pinch your favorites. I use

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablesppon white vinegar
squeeze of fresh lemon juice
pinch of dried oregano
pinch of fresh black pepper

...well shaken and left in the fridge for an hour prior (optional, but I think the flavour is better).
Any other ideas???? Im not really a fan of the creamy ones so help!!

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I dont have a measured recipe for it, per se but I make a Roasted Onion Vinaigrette...

Lightly coat with olive some white onions and red onions-diced, season with sea salt, black pepper and granulated garlic - roast it until its well caramelized.

Set half of the onions aside, the remainder add to a blender, add a little more olive oil, champagne vinegar, fresh garlic, fresh basil and oregano, blend into a thin puree.

Cool everything down in the fridge immediately.

Then add the other half of roasted onions to your vinaigrette... its extremely delish!
  • suendale
    suendale Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is just an idea. Something I am currently experimenting with that is working for me! Walden Farms have calorie free, sugar free salad dressings. I take 1:1 ratio with my favorite light salad dressing. Therefore I have cut the calories in half as well as the carbs in half and I get totally happy with the flavor!
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    My go to is higher in calories but it is yummy and keeps me full

EV olive oil
    balsamic vinager
    spicy brown mustard

I usually mix 1 Tablespoon of EVOO, some splashes of Balsamic Vinger and a healthy squirt of spicy brown mustard.

I use these small containers (hold 1.5 ounces) I bought from Tupperware (come in a 6 pack) and I put everything in there and shake, shake, shake to mix.

I usually use 1/2 per salad so calorie wise I think comes out to about 70-80 calories
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Wasabi Dressing:

1 tsp wasabi paste
    1/2 tbsp olive oil
    1/2 tbsp white vinegar
    1/4 tsp splenda
    2 chopped green onions

Pesto Dressing (Using bought or home made green pesto)

2 tbsp olive oil
    1 tbsp pesto
    2 tsp lemon juice
    Black pepper

Add extra parmesan cheese if you want.

Raspberry vinaigrette

1/3 cup raspberry vinegar (bought or make your own)
    1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    1/2 teaspoon splenda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/2 cup olive oil

Thai chilli & herb dressing:

1 tbsp olive oil
    1 tbsp white vinegar/rice vinegar
    juice from 1/2 lime
    1 chopped red chilli
    1/2 tsp ginger
    chopped fresh coriander/cilantro
    chopped fresh mint
  • Elmorlan
    Elmorlan Posts: 37
    Options
    These all sound amazing! Wow, I'm impressed.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Yum, great ideas! My boyfriend's mom makes the best vinaigrette, I need to get the recipe from her!

I want to try adding blue cheese chunks to a vinaigrette, sometimes I don't feel like a creamy dressing either, but a little blue cheese goes pretty far in the flavor department...or even feta!

My mom's friend made this for me before and it was amazing!

Garlic Vinaigrette

1 1/2 cups olive oil
    1/4 cup vinegar (any kind you prefer, balsamic, rice, malt...the milder the vinegar add more to taste)
    3 crushed garlic cloves
    2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons golden syrup (Sugar Substitute to equal)
    1/2 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
    1 pinch salt
    1 pinch pepper

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/garlic-vinaigrette-dressing-81862#ixzz1wc3LsYDl