1 yr results, without netting below BMR

Options
watergirl626
watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
I posted this in the main forums, but also wanted to post here to show that you don't need to starve yourself to lose weight. I started this journey set on MFP at a 1lb/week loss, which gave me a net of around 1600. As I lost weight, that goal went down, but once it was under 1500, I felt I needed more, so I manually adjusted so my goal was back at net of 1540. Continued to manually adjust my goal upward as I added in JM 30DS in August, replaced that with body weight exercises in the fall, and added weights in January. Eventually I was at net 1700. Then I decided that I wanted more consistency in my days both for planning, and to give my muscles fuel to use to repair on my rest days. I used www.fat2fitradio.com to figure out what number to use and arrived at 2200. I have been eating roughly 2200 calories per day since mid-April. Overall, I have gone down 5 (maybe 6) sizes and lost over 75 lbs in a year. You can eat and lose weight, and look and feel great while doing it. Good luck!

Happy one year anniversary to me. A year ago, I made the decision to make a change. I had friends starting their journeys at the same time, and we were there for each other (and still are). Without them, I don't think I would have taken that first step of starting, which I think was the hardest of all.

How did I do it? I get asked that a lot. A while back I posted a blog about how I lost my weight. My biggest piece of advice: listen to your body. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/watergirl626/view/how-did-you-do-it-199736#comments
Now, if you decide to pop into my diary to see what/how I eat, please look before Sat. This week has been atypical for various reasons, both in food and exercise. Just fair warning.

Now, to the fun part:

I am 32 years old, height is 5' 6.5". I started out at 224 lbs, ready to bust out of a size 18 in pants that run big, so realistically, I was probably a 20 in other styles, but I was sick of buying clothes the next size up. A year later, I am 148.5 lbs, and very comfortable in a size 8.

My measurements are 36-27-37. I am at 25.9% body fat. I lift 2x/week and run 2-3 times. Over the course of a year, I have lost 10" off of my abdomen, and 13 inches off of my hips. My hips are now smaller than my waist was. Crazy to think about it that way.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Replies

• rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    How exciting! I saw you on the main forum and posted and I'm glad to see you eat :) Yahhhhoooooo!!!!

Congratulations!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Holy crap you rock!!!!!

Thanks for posting this!!!!
  • Girl_Bomb
    Girl_Bomb Posts: 195
    Options
    amazing!!!
  • guava6982
    guava6982 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is absolutely amazing. Great job!
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Congrats!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to be posting my success pictures!
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! Love the pics. Great job!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Are you SURE you're 25.9% body fat? You look less than that.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Great job

Edited to say that your body fat % is probably more like 20-22%
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Well, there is a 3" difference between my waist and my naval. The military calculator says to use the smallest part, so that comes out at 22.2%. All other calculators say to use at naval, which all come out in the 25-something range. When I did the bod pod a few months ago, it came in at26.9%, which was only 0.1% off of what the F2F calculator had me at, so I've just been using the F2F. Maybe I should bodpod again. I did it in March, and have since lost 3.5" off hips and 3" off of abs, and 2" off natural waist. That's with about 9.5 lbs lost during that time frame....
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal results! Great role model!
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing! I want your flat tummy, narrow hips and strong legs!! :bigsmile:
    Well done to you!! :drinker:
  • Fairieluv77
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
    I'm glad to see you used Fat2Fit. I've been trying to decide between that site and scooby workshop. Maybe you've just helped me decide!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Nice to see some one "prove" that there's light at the end of the tunnel!
    You look amazing!
  • goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    well done, thats a great story, it give sme the motivtion to keep going,

Excellent
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I heart you! Wonderful post and congratulations! I hope to look like you at my one year anniversary!
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    So motivating!!!!!! Thanks for the extra kick to my "going to get this done" attitude. My birthday is next week and I would like this year to be the year of "HEALTHY STRONG ME" who likes to eat :bigsmile:

Cheers to you :drinker:
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Greatest results ever!
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing, inspirational post. I love all your photos showing your progress.

You absolutely ROCK!