when you forget your lunch-Where do you eat at?

Options
skinnyeascolady
skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
I was thinking of where to go for lunch as I forgot my lunch at home. However I was trying to log in with subway and I couldn't believe the amount of carbs and salt in a flat bread wrap or even in a wrap for heavn's sake. 44 carbs in a flat bread wrap and more in a wrap that is crazy. Where on earth do you eat. I think I will have to pick up a bag of sald mix at the grocery store with a cooked egg or something. That is just way to many carbs for a stinkin sandwhich. Any other suggestions in a pinch?

Replies

• JenRLo
    JenRLo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If I go to Subway (no more than once a week) I get a 6 inch wheat with Turkey, bacon, spinach, cucumbers, black olives and deli mustard with a side of apple slices. It has 54 carbs but I do it once a week at the most. Subway also offers salads. Saladworks is where I try to go. I spend almost $10 for a salad, but I can enjoy it and not feel guilty - also no roll! McDonalds grilled chicken ceasar salad with balsamic vingarette dressing is a good choice too.
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Johns unwich lettuce wrap #4 tom turkey
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    - Always have some snack bags w/ 2 oz of almonds in them in my desk drawer.

The following can be found at many food places or quick marts
    - buy some cheese and cold cut slices from the salad bar, maybe a leaf or two to wrap it up in.
    - hotdog or hamburger, pitch the bun.
    - whole milk, plain, greek yogurt
    - Bonefish Grill (Ahi Tuna Sashimi appetizer) or any unbreaded fish entre
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Here's a recent thread we did here with lots of ideas for fast food:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/561407-lc-fast-food-choices

Any sit-down restaurant (Applebees, Chilis, Friday's, Ruby Tuesdays, Red Robin) will have salads, steaks, chicken, fish or burgers you can have w/o buns. You can ask for no fries/rice/chips and they will comply. People do it all day every day, you will not look like a jerk or a weirdo.

Fast food burgers are fine w/o the bun. If you get chicken (w/o the bun) make sure it's grilled and not coated and fried.
  • Llaybhs84
    Llaybhs84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just had to go to out for lunch forgot mine. Went to subway got a footlong tuna sub with cheese and all the fixins. Came back to work put it on a plate got rid of the bread and it was somewhere around 344 cals. and maybe 4 carbs. Also very filling..... even though i was really wanting a mcdouble lol
  • MissesJai
    MissesJai Posts: 48
    Options
    I just had to go to out for lunch forgot mine. Went to subway got a footlong tuna sub with cheese and all the fixins. Came back to work put it on a plate got rid of the bread and it was somewhere around 344 cals. and maybe 4 carbs. Also very filling..... even though i was really wanting a mcdouble lol
    good idea...I hear you on the McDouble! :drinker:
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Wendy's double stack, no bun, no ketchup, add tomato and lettuce. Along with a side caesar salad, pretty yummy! Even 12 years ago when I worked there we had a "no bun" menu option on the register so nobody even blinks twice when you order it like that. Of course, back then it had 1000 isle and all the veggies and only cost $.99 lol!
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    grocery store: pick up raw dairy cheese and deli meat

or smoked salmon, caviar, nori and an avocado.

or

Local BBQ for some smoked brisket
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    There's a place out here called El Pollo Loco and I get flame grilled chicken and salad. Delicious!!! I'll get a burger and take off the bun if I go anywhere else.
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    How about taco bell?
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    We have several grocery stores on the strip of road my business office is located. Conveniently one is right across the street! Ill grab a big garden salad and grab a rotisserie chicken that is freshly cooked. Ill have half of each at lunch time, and bring the rest home.
  • onmyway1101
    onmyway1101 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When I have to eat out for lunch my 2 favs.

Wendy's- 2 junior bacon cheese bugers, no buns, no ketchup, mustard....and a side salad, with avacoda ranch dressing.

KFC- 2pc white, grilled with greenbeans...

Yummy.
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    When I have to eat out for lunch my 2 favs.

Wendy's- 2 junior bacon cheese bugers, no buns, no ketchup, mustard....and a side salad, with avacoda ranch dressing.

KFC- 2pc white, grilled with greenbeans...

Yummy.

this. Exactly :) Jr. bacon cheeseburger and a side salad with avocado ranch. or 2 pc. grilled with green beans! My go-to fast food meals if i am stuck out and about.