Can I gain weight and flatten belly fat at the same time???

Options
Shawnjay75
Shawnjay75 Posts: 81 Member
My weight fluctuates between 113 – 116 pounds and I want to be around 120 – 125 but can’t seem to reach it. I also want to flatten my belly fat and round out my booty. Any Ideas to how I can do all of this??? Thanks!:happy:

Replies

• bciochetti
    bciochetti Posts: 35
    Options
    From what I understand it's hard to gain weight but lose fat at the same time. If you're eating a calorie surplus to gain weight, your body is going to store some of those surplus calories as fat.
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    lift heavy.

It can be done to a certain extent, at the very beginning when unconditioned. A great deal of muscle can be gained and fat lost initially, but the scale doesn't move much.

I'm struggling with that at the moment, I have to put pounds on the scale and want more muscle, but was so pleased with the low bf %, I guess I just have to deal with for the time being.
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It's not impossible, I just think you have to be more strategic about it compared to if you were just going for one of those goals. Do you have access to a gym? I would also recommend lifting "heavy" and eating a calorie surplus. I also wanted a butt so I started my journey focused on legs and ended up doing lower body twice a week and upper body once a week. Based on your schedule, [I think] you should try to do both lifting and cardio but since you're already petite I think you can do cardio 2x a week and weight train 3x a week and have 2 days of rest. I can't tell you exactly what to do because I'm not even sure myself. But you might have to mess around with the higher calorie intake until you figure out exactly what works for you and modify it until you get optimal results.

If you don't have measuring tape, get some. It's so helpful. It has helped me understand how the shape of my body has changed even when I wasn't seeing the results myself.
  • Shawnjay75
    Options
    Thanks ladies...I might rejoin a gym. I was trying to workout at home but I've noticed that I was more motivated when I had a gym membership.

I did measure myself recently so I'll start tracking my progress that was also.
  • Sattire
    Sattire Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :smile: I'm trying to do the same thing - apparently it depends on your exercise, food intake and your genes. Weight gain comes from water, fat, and muscle. So you want to reduce the fat in abdominal area but increase muscle. I set my goals to custom - using this site. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/weight_gain_calculator.htm. protein at 25%. it's going to be tough. good luck!
  • Shawnjay75
    Options
    :smile: I'm trying to do the same thing - apparently it depends on your exercise, food intake and your genes. Weight gain comes from water, fat, and muscle. So you want to reduce the fat in abdominal area but increase muscle. I set my goals to custom - using this site. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/weight_gain_calculator.htm. protein at 25%. it's going to be tough. good luck!

WOW! I checked out the link above and it says I'll have to eat 2452 calories a day. I'm currently at 1700 calories and that's so hard but I'll give it a try. Thanks for the link.
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options

I tried and it says:
    2393 cal a day
    I will try this too and thank you for link I saved it so I can keep using it.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options

Min says 2405. I actually eat 2300 per day and 2400-2500 on lifting/exercise days 4-5 times a week and I pretty much have it set fairly similar macros exert I am eating slightly less carb, more protein.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options

WOW! I checked out the link above and it says I'll have to eat 2452 calories a day. I'm currently at 1700 calories and that's so hard but I'll give it a try. Thanks for the link.

I think you deff need to be eating more if you want to gain, at least up in the 2000's.
  • MamaAubry
    MamaAubry Posts: 8
    Options

Oh my... I just tried this and it says I should be eating 2552 calories a day... and here I was struggling to meet my goal of 2210! Crap. That goal isn't even taking into account the extra 500 calories a day I have to consume b/c I'm breastfeeding. I don't have time to eat 3000 calories a day - I already have a full time job! smh